Grand Cayman Group Trip 2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know what water temps to expect in the Caymans during late March early April ? I'm thinking mid 80's. How about it? :tree: Bob

Bob once bubbled...
Anyone know what water temps to expect in the Caymans during late March early April ? I'm thinking mid 80's. How about it? :tree: Bob

Plan for the low 80's, say water temps between 81-83F. Winds likely will be from the ENE which may favor diving southern dive sites. Look for north wall diving on days with less wind.

Natasha, I spoke with Allison tonight and she's a go! Now all I halve to do is figure out if I'm in Spain or the US in late March. How soon do you need a deposit. Hard to believe that I may be going back to the Sunset House after 25+ years.

:)

Steve:
Whenever you know for sure about Spain, you can send the deposit. For now I'll pencil in that you have the 7th room. Sound good?

A couple of you asked about Sunset House. I was there in late 2001 with a buddy of mine, who is an outstanding photographer, both above and below water. When he wants photo lessons, he signs up with Cathy Church. If you want to learn about underwater photography, or if you want to improve your underwater photography, this is the place to go.

One tip for those who have not been diving with a bunch of camera buffs: There are camera buckets on the boats and if you stick anything other than a camera in one of them you have committed a MAJOR fopah. Don't do it. Some of the divers have cameras more expensive than my car and they are understandably touchy about them.

The dive shop has nitrox and lockers, but not much floor space. The boats and dive masters are cool and will do all they can to make the diving safe and fun. The briefings at each dive site are the best I have seen on any dive trip. There is also decent shore diving right in front of the Sunset House.

The restaurant is decent and the walk into town is short enough to provide variety. The rooms are okay for a dive operation, but this isn't The Plaza at Bonaire.

Overall, those who have been on one of Natasha's trips should find the Sunset House to be an excellent choice. You should have a great time.

Steve

Hi Everyone:
This is an important update.

Please post what will work for you.

I looked at the air prices today. If we go one week later it drops the cost of air from Chicago down to 500.00 per person non stop from 800.00 per person.
I haven't contacted the resort yet, to see if they have the rooms open then. If they do, is it a problem for anyone to switch dates?

The new dates would be April 5th to the 12th 2003.

Moving the trip back one week is better for me. :tree: Bob

OK I talked to Cayman today. They were able to give me 7 top floor ocean view rooms and 3 bottom floor ocean view rooms for the new dates.
And we purchased our air today since the prices were so good.

New dates now written in stone because we bought our non refundable tickets!

April 5th to April 12th 2003.
To both Steve's will this work for you? And Denton?

I've got to call overseas and get some other schedules confirmed. I'll get back to you as oosn as possible. We'd hate to miss....

Steve

Done deal ;^)

I can't wait. Hmm, what new gear should I get for this trip?

Denton

PS. Natasha, I suppose I need a new picture for my profile... See ya soon.

Back
Top Bottom