Grand Cayman or Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supbihatches

Contributor
Reaction score
Which place is better to dive, Grand Cayman or Jamaica?

Planning a cruise and need to get these excursions straightened out soon :D

CAYMAN by far without exception. If you choose Jamaica its at your own risk. That place is dangerous :( . (Based upon observations at Montego Bay)

Which place is better to dive, Grand Cayman or Jamaica?

Planning a cruise and need to get these excursions straightened out soon :D

Im planning one too with the same destinations. When are you planning and what cruise?

I figured Cayman, thanks for the replies.

k ellis, I am sailing on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas on December 12th. Heading to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

looks like you're going on Carnival a little later?

howabout snorkeling?

Is there decent snorkeling in Jamaica?

LOL The only thing good in Jamaica is looking off the back of the ship watching it get further and further away :D LOL And yes I am going on the carnival in December. Youll absolutely love Grand Cayman though its one of the most beautiful islands I have to date seen

Maybe better diving on Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, rather than Grand Cayman, but still no contest. If it's diving you're interested in, forget Jamaica if the Caymans are your other choice.

Having dove both, you would be not-right-in-the-head to choose Jamaica over Grand Cayman for diving.

My impression of Jamaica was "nuked desert".

All the best, James

Not even close. Grand Cayman....... Jamaica is not a dive destination!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom