Grand Cayman Restaurant Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parzdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am going to be spending a week in Grand Cayman, staying at Cobalt Coast. I know there is an on-site restaurant, but we are looking to branch out and try some different places. Since this is our first time staying on the island, we have no ideas. We aren't looking for anything high end, just good food. I know prices will be high, but I am used to St. John USVI, so I am not worried about that.

Thanks!

We like ( in no particular order ) Agave Grill, Lonestar, Taste of India, Sunshine Grill, Macabuca, Mybar at Sunset House, Coconut Joes. None of these are fancy but provide decent food at a fair price. There is a Camanian style restaurant in West Bay near you called Libertys that is pretty good for local food as well.

For higher end cuisine, Caylpso Grill and Morgan's Harbor Resaurant are not too far from where you are staying. The food at Cobalt Coast isn't bad either.

Macabuca and My Bar are right on the water.

Enjoy

Macabuca has a wonderful buffet on Monday evenings! We love to do a late afternoon dive, have first supper, do a night dive and then have second supper along with some Ironshore Bock. I believe it's priced at $18 CI and it's delicious! We never miss it!
Sunset House (My Bar) has very good food and can be combined with a shore dive or two as well.

Another reasonably priced restaurant near West Bay is Alfresco, it has Caymanian as well as other dishes and has an outside seating area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Macabuca has a wonderful buffet on Monday evenings! We love to do a late afternoon dive, have first supper, do a night dive and then have second supper along with some Ironshore Bock. I believe it's priced at $18 CI and it's delicious! We never miss it!
Sunset House (My Bar) has very good food and can be combined with a shore dive or two as well.

+1 on Macabuca. Plus it's really close to you, compared to anything else.

Also, on our last trip I discovered the Ironshore Bock. It's good.

Coconut Joe's on 7 Mile beach is pretty good too, but it's a drive from CC.

Probably the best price performer is Chicken Chicken, but just fast food.

My wife and I have Cayman cheap eats down to a science.

Chicken! Chicken! - 2 people can split the 1/2 chicken dinner with 2 sides (USD $20 total including drinks)

XQ's - large pizza during happy hour is 50% off. Good pizza too, not your ordinary papa johns stuff. Try the potato and chicken pizza...good stuff. For 2, you're at $20 out the door with drinks

Cimboco - reasonably price lunch/dinner, great deal for breakfast M-F at CI $5

The Burger Shack (next to Cimboco) - my new favorite burgers on the island (get the works), no frills, but good food

Sunshine Grill - reasonably priced, nice atmosphere, good menu. Get the fish tacos (2 not 3)

Macabuca - ditto on the buffet, but everything else is good too. Ask about homemade ice cream sandwiches

Eats cafe/Legends - reasonable prices, big portions

My Bar - can get up there in price if you aren't careful, but great atmosphere and view

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just got back from GC two days ago. I'll throw my votes toward Chicken! Chicken!, Cimboco and XQ's as well. Also gotta get Al La Kebabs in there (we usually eat there 2-3 times in a week). Sunshine Grill is really good, but equally difficult to get a table at.

For happy hour, don't forget about Sidebar - half priced drinks (and air con) until 7p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depending on your dive schedule you could try checking out one of the many sunday brunch deals, many places have them my favourite is XQs which costs 40 dollars and is unlimited food and drink (alcoholic or soft) from 12pm-3pm. food incudes make your own pizza, pasta, salad and omelet and while you are trying to get through all that there are waitresses walking round with trays of ribs, chicken and other delights.

I work in Divetech who I guess you'll be diving with if you are staying in CC, ask for Drew to say hi for more ideas when you land

We ate at Michaels, Heritage Kitchen (for the greatest Lionfish I ever had), Sunshine Grill (across the street and really terrific food) and Myrtles (for the turtle stew). Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom