Grand Opening for new dive shop in Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjknobles

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
ROYAL SCUBA is having a blow-out four-day Grand Opening from March 27-30 (Thursday night to Sunday afternoon). Come and check it out!!!

Attachments

• RoyalScuba_grand_opening-March27-30_2008.jpg
    RoyalScuba_grand_opening-March27-30_2008.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 89
I had heard from a mutual friend of the 'new shop's' nearing it's opening status a few weekends back, best of luck in your exciting venture!

My girlfriend will out of town that weekend, but I will stop by on Friday the 28th afterwork. Will you be open before the 27th?

After speaking with Nico on the phone, I wanted to bring my girlfriend over to see the gear selection, he said Royal Scuba is going to stock a decent amount of travel gear and womens gear. I'm not ready to purchase anything because we haven't signed her up for classes, but if she looks at the selection and sees her gear options, then she's gonna be more enthused about jumping into a class soon.

Are you the instructor Knobles? Nico said that you are going to be instructing out of Royal Scuba? Is that right??? Congrats, if so. Oh, you owe danktex some money, he's been telling me good things about your instructing. Take it up with him.

Oh, how much are you guys selling mouthpieces for? I'm heading to Mack's --- he's got the best deal at $5.99!!! Lighten up fellas, we're on scubaboard and it's just a joke. I do enough dives to go through a couple of year, I'll buy one from each of you (and air) to keep the relations strong.

haha ... we are actually goiong to be open starting this Thur. I will have to run by the shop to let you know our hours, but I'll let you know what they are once I do so.

I do agree with what you say about looking at gear, so we will work something out so that she can stop by.

I am the instructor Knobles, and I guess I do need to talk to danktex since he's spreading the good word. :)

ROYAL SCUBA is having a blow-out four-day Grand Opening from March 27-30 (Thursday night to Sunday afternoon). Come and check it out!!!

Just noticed your address: 7801 N. Lamar. Just curious if the guys over at Scubaland have walked across the street to welcome you to the neighborhood? :wink:

have seen them drive by a time or two, but have never come into the shop. At least not while i've been there.

Hope to see you next weekend at our new dive shop, ROYAL SCUBA. :)

FYI:
Answering your questions about what’s new in scuba, as well as assisting our staff for the Grand Opening, will be the Mares Regional Rep and long-time scuba industry luminary: Rick Golden. In addition to Rick, Royal Scuba will also have the services of XS Scuba Regional Rep: Brittney Anthony. (Some of you know Brittney as the savvy entrepreneur behind Tiger Shark Scuba in Arlington.)

We welcome both of them to our house.

In addition to signing up classes and answering scuba questions in general, we will also stock a full house of products featuring reputable industry standards such as Mares, Bare, XS Scuba, Princeton Tec, Innovative Scuba Concepts, Armor Bags, and more.

Yes, we are an authorized dealer for every product and product line in our dive shop. Every product carries a Full Manufacturers Warranty and we are a Mares Master Lab Authorized Service Center/Dealer. :D

BullSharkGator,

MAP TO ROYAL SCUBA ROYAL SCUBA
Now you won’t get “turned around” any more. :wink:

It was good chatting with you today. Hearing your ideas, interests, good experiences and gripes about the Austin scuba diving environment gave me some thought provoking assessments as to what I can already to strive to improve on.

I will say, however, in reading some of your posts, I believe you might be a little hard/critical on the current state of our LOCAL dive industry. Even with the national economy on its heels, I believe you will find Austin’s local core of divers to be friendly, assertive, and active in 2008.
Meaning, “there’s going to be sum diving goin’ on!”

The season is just kicking off, and hopefully the Royal Scuba Grand Opening will get it launched with a heavy bang of excitement and a light demand on your scuba budget. Yes, we aim to please.

Just remember, this is not southern Florida:no , we have a winter :coffee: (did you read what Mack said about Lake Travis in mid-March . . . :shakehead:58-60 degrees or something like that.)

Nonetheless, I’d like the privilege of building a working relationship, if you’re interested. Also, as with anyplace you go, you’ll learn to steer clear of the snakes, and you’ll find that Austinites (on a whole) are more laid-back and friendly than most people, even though my instructors come across as :death2:big-dawg, know-it-all, bad-ass SOB’s . . .
it’s only because they’re good-looking blokes who’ve been conditioned to eat frozen raw meat while tapping out kegs :shelli: (oh, and of course they make me jealous and wish I was still in my 20s.)

Damn, I was selling mouthpieces at $379.99 until you made a fuss, now I've adjusted my price to $5.99. :laughing:Dang, there goes my profit margin.

Guys, 2008 is going to be a good year for scuba diving.
And Royal Scuba is going to help get you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom