GReat Barrier Reef Liveaboard Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there Firediver,

You seem to have got recommendations on every boat available x cept Spirit.

Firstly to set the record straight, cayminacs recommend of diversity...boat taken out of water 2 years ago... and is no more

Discussions regarding Mike Ball's expeditions, his new boat will be in Water in approx 3 weeks. This boat will do Osprey Reef and Cod Hole. ( Mike used to only do Cod Hole)

TAKA Dive, seriously 190bar in tank, restrictions on depths and times of dives, no fully qualified chef, no hot towel after every dive....... its OK but warrants more discussions regarding your group and what you expect.

Nitrox diving and 4 those who want to do a Nitrox Course.... not a problem.

When are you coming to town

Warm regards Andrew

www.divecairns.com.au or www.scubadive.com.au

Andrew Jones:
Hey there Firediver,

You seem to have got recommendations on every boat available x cept Spirit.

Firstly to set the record straight, cayminacs recommend of diversity...boat taken out of water 2 years ago... and is no more
www.divecairns.com.au or www.scubadive.com.au

Andrew, that boat was not quite two years old when I was on it. It is still advertised for on the Quicksilver website. What's the deal with "Diversity"? Are you sure it was such a new boat and we really had a great trip on it.

To add, I would suggest talking to Dirk at Diversion Travel - based out of Cairns. He may be ablt to offer some ideas that may not instantly come to mind to the regular diver.

diversionOZ

Have a great time!

Pas

PS. Mention Thea in Brisbane to him. He will probably laugh because I am queen of questions.

Hi: I see you posted this in December.....so you have probably decided on a liveaboard. We send divers on Taka, Pro Dive, Mike Ball, Undersea Explorer, Nimrod and the Spirit. They each have their own unique features and the type of divers that tend to be on each boat. If you still are looking just email me and I will give you my opinion about all these boats.

Thanks,
Mary Jane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom