Great discount on GoPros today, on Amazon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm... wonder if that means a new version is due out soon? The Hero 3 Black is pretty fine as it is.

We looked online at the AAFES website and found it way cheaper than Amazon and bonus, no tax either! Ended up paying a total of $269 (was $299 but we had a discount code)! I will assume, because it is usually my luck, GoPro will come out with a new version after I bought the 3. The 2 came out right after we got our antique original Hero.

Hopefully the 4 will last more than an hour before the battery dies. My 3 Black is just ridiculous, especially with WiFi on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

There have been rumors of 4 for a long time and a whole forum community out there theorycrafting what could be some of the features in the 4 model.

Believe it or not, after kayaking 2 months ago (I go kayaking every weekend) and losing one of my gopros I purchased my replacement camera for this exact listed price (maybe even from same seller) 2 months ago from a seller on amazon. Shipping was super fast and it was a brand new unit.

That being said features of hero 4 should include obvious overheating fixes. I doubt anything will be done for battery life because they cornered their little market with battery backpacks and wasabi has their own franchise selling gopro batteries like hot potatoes. If there are any improvements I anticipate a possibility of 240 fps @ 720, 120 fps @1080, maybe 60 fps @ 2.7K and 30 fps @ 4K.

Having benchmarked 2.7K on my recent trip to roatan I will not be using it unless it comes with a high frame rate. Yes angle is wider, yes more stuff is captured but it barely adds a couple of feet on the periphery for me to sacrifice battery life, card space considering that most people will view it on mobile devices or desktops in lower resolution anyways.

I personally do not see myself upgrading to 4 quite yet because quality on my hero 3 blacks is insane.

Only way I could see myself getting a 4 is if they make it into some sort of pro-pro-sumer gadget... marginally better than 3 model.

Great discount on GoPro 3 Black edition (and others) on Amazon. $70 off, that's pretty good

Amazon.com: GoPro HERO3: Black Edition: Camera & Photo
Scubaboard " Hot Deal " posted Sept. 3

GoPro Hero 3 Black and Silver Editions on sale! Black edition was $399.99 Now $329.99!Silver edition was $299.99 Now $249.99. FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48! Call Beaver Divers at 970-949-1012 or visit www.scubapro4less.com

:)Support your SB Business Sponsors!
13780482264051350809802.jpeg

By the looks of it, these wide spread sales are probably foretelling of a new GoPro to soon be released. I bought my Hero3 BE about 2 months ago and I'm quite happy with it. The new GoPro will have to be considerably better if i'm to upgrade to it any time soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom