Great dives again with Tres Pelicanos – We will be coming back.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When they are down south Palancar Pier (there the shells are) is where they've done the SI's when I dove with them. Love going there because I usually know several DM's that stop there.

Last trip we couldn't get a hold of them. No one answered the phone. Would have loved to give them a try. Hopefully, next trip..... Soon...
Not sure how that would happen. We are always available by email --dive@trespelicanos.com--telehones are US 1 866 779 9986---US Magic Jack--1 314 499 3534 Mexico local 987 869 1168---emails are answered usually within two hours.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2015 at 09:27 PM ----------

Where do you do the surface interval? I don't recall seeing the skinny shark at the conch pier, but may have just missed it.
We often use the old Palancar pier unless the second site is more towards the north. Then we will stop at Paradise Beach pier or the old Sand Dollar pier.

---------- Post added August 17th, 2015 at 09:27 PM ----------

Is that scoundrel Steve still hanging around there? I suppose, just because there are no other dive operations on Coz, that we will be back to dive with them in January.
I am pretty sure he will be there in January

Our little dive group will be using Tres at the end of the month, thanks for the review. Question, how do you usually tip? Do you tip them every day or wait until the end of your dive trip? How much do you usually tip?Thanks
We tip on the last day. I tip from 0-20% of the total bill depending on the service of the dive op we are using. This time our bill was around $1,000 as we had 20 tanks with Nitrox. This trip it was 20% as the service from everyone couldn't be beat. So we spread $200 between our divemaster, captain and office staff. I'm sure 5% would be appreciated and 10% a little more and 15% would work too.

I have always tipped at the end of each day, just in case we have a different DM or boat captain on some days.
I know the DM splits the tip with the boat captain, but have often wondered if any of that goes towards the office guys.
Steve a scoundrel?

We tip at the end, but I keep a calendar that shows who we dove with and who was the captain. We usually are there for a month. I give a copy to Jorge and a copy to the office. There has never been a problem.

FYI - Tres Pelicanos is no longer at Villas las Anclas. it's on the next E-W street south of VlA (the one with Le Chef on the corner) toward the water on the south side of the street. It's where Christi used to have her office.

We have finally booked our first trip with Tres Pelicanos in October and staying at Casa Mexicana for the first time also. It's hard to break away from your traditional shop and hotel. Looking forward to diving with Jorge again and seeing Willie and Pony in the shop. I've missed those guys.

Back
Top Bottom