Great Lakes, Great Treasures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well gas is down to $2.60 something. I'm driving to Sandusky from 178 miles NORTH of Flint! Get the lead out, a good diver never stops learning.:coffee:

Sorry, I'm preferential to the woodies. How any 150 year old intact schooners like the Windiate, Kyle Spangler, or Defiance does the Pacific have? Those three are within 10 miles of each other up here. Those three aren't all...in the same group there is the wooden steamer Florida, schooner Typo, Audubon, and a 1906 steel steamer Norman.
BH - SpanglerSmall.jpg
JPS_Defiance07.jpg
NOAA_Florida.jpg

Last edited:
Well gas is down to $2.60 something. I'm driving to Sandusky from 178 miles NORTH of Flint! Get the lead out, a good diver never stops learning.:coffee:

Where is this thing anyway? And 2.60 a gallon isn't cheap!

ouch. Flint is 5 hours from my front door. Too far, even if i would get to see some GLWC'ers :(

Computer joe, there is a schooner here in the pacific, Its in lake washington. The awesome thing on this one is the sails are still up, I have not got the coin from under the mast to confirm the year, yet it is a three mast, and possible a canadian schooner. It is deep, cold, and no vis, unlike your zebra mussle vis. But it is there intact and wonderful shape.

Happy Diving

VooDooGasMan - Sounds absolutely incredible! Hate zebra mussles.... Can't recall to many in Lake Superior and the viz is awesome there (but yes, lake Michigan is loaded)... I have to cast a vote for the Wisconsin wrecks.

Well, just to finish up this post... GTXL1200 and I attended the Great Lakes, Great Treasures seminar at the Sloan museum in Flint. Both GTXL1200 and myself thought it was a really great event to attend. The speakers were very good and entertaining. We both only wished they had longer to talk! :)

This was my first year attending this seminar. However, I guess they had one last year as well. If they have this seminar next year, I will be sure to go again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom