Great white attack in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely Bizarre!

I wouldn't say Bizarre, you are only reading the reporters slant on the comments made. Hearing it in real life may show something different that what you read depending on the attitude of the witness etc. Also any bias of the reporter or media. Perhaps the coroner knows more than us or the reporter?

I have just recently been party to an ongoing issue reported in Australian newspapers. I know most of the truth being involved in some of it, but in reading the papers and seeing the video footage, the average uninformed Jo Public would come to a whole different conclusion to the actual truth. Why so, because of naivety of the reporters, but more so slanted view and information and implied actions by those involved all provided in press reports supplied by the company involved to their own benefit. I believe in honesty and integrity, but given my latest experience, I have no faith at all in honest reporting, or honest government and law enforcement. Politics and self interest.

Trust me I have enough experience dealing with the media, courts, reporters, bias, the impact personal interests can have on the way people "remember" and interpret events to be very cynical! I have also seen someone almost catatonic and incapable of making sensible decisions in the middle of a traumatic event. There can be a number of explanations for the seemingly bizarre sequence of event described here :idk: Bizarre nonetheless:)

I wouldn't say Bizarre, you are only reading the reporters slant on the comments made. Hearing it in real life may show something different that what you read depending on the attitude of the witness etc. Also any bias of the reporter or media. Perhaps the coroner knows more than us or the reporter?

The inquest will apparently be completed this week; then we can read the coroner's views on what happened.

Anyway, the following was posted this afternoon - 'Abalone diver tells inquest Peter Clarkson not in water before reportedly taken by two great white sharks' at No Cookies | The Advertiser, viewed 5.29 pm local time (GMT+09:30).

---------- Post added June 27th, 2013 at 06:33 PM ----------

The following was posted this afternoon - Inquest hears blood of diver Peter Clarkson washed from boat after reportedly taken by two sharks - refer No Cookies | The Advertiser viewed on 27 June 2013 at 6.32 pm local time (GMT+09:30)

The inquest in Port Lincoln finished this afternoon (local time on 28 June 2013). The following was posted 2.52 pm GMT+09:30) - 'Inquest told abalone skipper did not respond appropriately during great white shark incident' - refer No Cookies | The Advertiser. The report advised that 'Mr Johns (the coroner) will release his findings at a later date.'

An interesting and unfortunate drama of events. Thanks for the posting jepuskar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom