Great White Spotted Off Charleston SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaK-Dawg:
I heard about that. It was some divers on one of the NESS charters, right? What wreck was it hanging around on?

This is for you, Pettifogger...

"Well, I heard that before, but I heard he was missing a foot."

"How can he have a hook on his foot?"

Hmmm... That is a tought one...

Which reminds me of a story...I went to Maggiano's for dinner last night to carb up for this weekend's Disney Marathon and had pasta and MEATBALLS.

Haven't seen that movie since the late 80's...

Petti (Wuddi da Wabbit) Fogger

"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming."

This story reminds me of two very important points I'm always trying to make to my diving and non-diving friends:

1) South Carolina is the shi*t when it comes to diving. I dove with Charleston SCuba when I was down there in 1997 and have been desperately trying to get back ever since. I'd sooner dive there than Florida, that's for sure. great wrecks, lots of big, huge schooling fish, and from what I understand, more different species of sharks than any other state in the Union.

2) There are bigger whites out there than we would all care to imagine, and these occasional sightings are proof of that. We had an 18-footer caught just about a mile outside a major harbor up here in North Shore Massachusetts some years back. Makes you think - how will I get those brown stains out of my drysuit?

One of the reasons I like diving so much in the Northeast is that you never, ever know what's going to come swimming into view. Not knowing exactly what's gonna manifest itself on any given dive is a cool feeling. The earlier post was dead-on: it's not the sharks you can see while diving you should be worried about, it's the ones you can't see.

Hmmm, that is one spooky sized shark. I'll take my sharks alot smaller when i see em. I like to think I have a chance! lol!

First off Semper Fi. 1/9 82-86.

And secondly..your sig.

"On On"

Hash House Harrier?

Ahh brings back hash memories from all over, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, PI, Oki. I loved HHH.

JerseyDevil:
We had one off Jersey this summer. 2 divers were in the water doing their deco hang when they saw it. It hung around one particular wreck for a while.
We had one (maybe the same one) off long island, two guys I know were doing a 20 foot stop when he swam by.

The first time I saw a large shark I almost peed in my wetsuit too... oh wait, I peed in it anyways. Nevermind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom