Great white takes scallop diver - Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s probably not easy to replicate a portable or a though
Currently out of stock, but this might work.

Currently out of stock, but this might work.

Thanks I was exactly looking for a place to buy an orca looking submarine at an attractive price

"...impressively ripping off his head and biting both shoulders..."

Impressively? Is there a mundane way to bite off a head.
Tragic story. I pray for his family.

Yikes. If accurate, that's one heck of a white shark and certainly capable of doing catastrophic damage to a person in one bite.

Shellfish/urchin divers run some elevated risks of shark attack; quite a few abalone divers in South Australia got hit when that was a big industry and for a number of years there was only one urchin diver working the Farallones off California because nobody else was nuts enough to try it. Long bottom times, lots of noise from the open-circuit gear and banging on rocks, mostly looking down ... potentially throw in low visibility, marine mammals, and in this area/timeframe possibly mature females either before or after pupping (read: hungry) mean stacking some odds against a diver.

I had to laugh at the "dress like a sea snake" suggestion; I'm not aware those are in the Sea of Cortez and years ago someone made the note that tiger sharks are known to happily eat sea snakes. I'd be a little careful about taking the OP article at face value given how silly parts of it are.

Yikes. If accurate, that's one heck of a white shark and certainly capable of doing catastrophic damage to a person in one bite.

Shellfish/urchin divers run some elevated risks of shark attack; quite a few abalone divers in South Australia got hit when that was a big industry and for a number of years there was only one urchin diver working the Farallones off California because nobody else was nuts enough to try it. Long bottom times, lots of noise from the open-circuit gear and banging on rocks, mostly looking down ... potentially throw in low visibility, marine mammals, and in this area/timeframe possibly mature females either before or after pupping (read: hungry) mean stacking some odds against a diver.

I had to laugh at the "dress like a sea snake" suggestion; I'm not aware those are in the Sea of Cortez and years ago someone made the note that tiger sharks are known to happily eat sea snakes. I'd be a little careful about taking the OP article at face value given how silly parts of it are.
Why are they at an elevated risk?

Well, if we are going to share horrific diver/shark stories, then there is this from way back in the day.:zap1:

As for "staring sharks down", works for some, but take it from an old 'shark diver' (pre wreck diving daze) with all limbs still attached, does not even faze others. Highly recommend the Shark Shield though, although even it wont stop a determined shark.
But sure beats trying to stare them down.:sharkattack:

Back
Top Bottom