Greater Tampa Area VII started 9/6/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
hehehehhehehehe, :wink: Well I want to be a part of the REALLY REALLY cool peeps. Where do I sign up for that? :winky:

at Ginnie.............:D

This is getting fun.

I am starting to think CMU has forgotten she is supposed to check in :winky:

Tracy,
Did you get a room for Saturday night in Orlando?

I'm looking for a place to crash after the party. Or... I can get a room where "peeps" can crash

I am just now getting home- here's the long awaited dive report:

It rained a little on the way there and we (me and RoyalsATC) got to Bradenton Beach around 9:30. I noticed there were a lot of waves that looked pretty big and the current seemed to be moving a lot more then what I usually see on your typical beach. We both wanted to dive so bad (so much that it probably clouded my judgement) that we decided to give it a try.

It was a little bit of a battle getting out into the water because of the waves- I didn't realize how much more difficult it is with gear since I'd never experienced waves this big with gear. I did think about Walter telling us about getting his mask knocked off at Venice Beach so I made sure I held on to my mask.

We got about 20 feet out into the water and WOOSH I got knocked over onto my face. I was dragged back toward the beach and down current 10 feet before I could get onto my feet. We looked at each other and decided to call it.

We both had to be at the high school at 1:30 so we went back to St. Pete and showered, got lunch at Chipotle in Clearwater (mmmm) and treated kids after school till 3. We still had these rented tanks so we went back to my condo complex (during the monsoon) and played in the pool for 45 minutes doing skills and stuff and I got to play with my safety spool and tie knots with it on the ladder in the pool in prep for my upcoming cavern/basic cave classes. Cleaned up again, returned tanks, and went back to the high school at 6 and covered JV soccer till 9:30.

The purpose of the day and diving was to distract me from my certification test of which I take 2 of the 3 parts tomorrow and Wednesday morning in Tampa. It did just that so although we didnt' do the planned dive, it still was a good day.

CoolTech:
Tracy,
Did you get a room for Saturday night in Orlando?

I'm looking for a place to crash after the party. Or... I can get a room where "peeps" can crash

PM sent.

cmufieldhockey8:
I am just now getting home- here's the long awaited dive report:

It rained a little on the way there and we (me and RoyalsATC) got to Bradenton Beach around 9:30. I noticed there were a lot of waves that looked pretty big and the current seemed to be moving a lot more then what I usually see on your typical beach. We both wanted to dive so bad (so much that it probably clouded my judgement) that we decided to give it a try.

It was a little bit of a battle getting out into the water because of the waves- I didn't realize how much more difficult it is with gear since I'd never experienced waves this big with gear. I did think about Walter telling us about getting his mask knocked off at Venice Beach so I made sure I held on to my mask.

We got about 20 feet out into the water and WOOSH I got knocked over onto my face. I was dragged back toward the beach and down current 10 feet before I could get onto my feet. We looked at each other and decided to call it.

We both had to be at the high school at 1:30 so we went back to St. Pete and showered, got lunch at Chipotle in Clearwater (mmmm) and treated kids after school till 3. We still had these rented tanks so we went back to my condo complex (during the monsoon) and played in the pool for 45 minutes doing skills and stuff and I got to play with my safety spool and tie knots with it on the ladder in the pool in prep for my upcoming cavern/basic cave classes. Cleaned up again, returned tanks, and went back to the high school at 6 and covered JV soccer till 9:30.

The purpose of the day and diving was to distract me from my certification test of which I take 2 of the 3 parts tomorrow and Wednesday morning in Tampa. It did just that so although we didnt' do the planned dive, it still was a good day.

Ultimate mission = accomplished. Sounds like a good day.

Well it looks like I gotta come back down....oh twist da arm! No...no...stop....okay! :D Not sure for how long, business this time. Got a lot of companies I have to check out and interviews and all that good stuff. But hopefully I can get some dive time in. :shocked: And also have to head to the east coast for some of the same. God life is just awful isnt it?? :D

Time frame not sure 2 weeks maybe if that. And I'm not gonna jinx myself and ask if anyone wants to dive the wreck that haunts me!!! Murphy and all that jazz ya know!!

Rhyz, sorry my friend. I am having such a dry spell, I can't speak to ou just in case it IS you causing it. :D

Missdirected:
Rhyz, sorry my friend. I am having such a dry spell, I can't speak to ou just in case it IS you causing it. :D

:rofl3: SSSSHHHHHH :rofl3:

Oh BTW hope the surgery goes well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom