Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case I don't get the chance to get on the board, I wanted to wish everyone a safe and a Merry Christmas. I look forward to our next m&g next month.:present::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::merryxmas::merryxmas::merryxmas::merryxmas:

Just in case I don't get the chance to get on the board, I wanted to wish everyone a safe and a Merry Christmas. I look forward to our next m&g next month.:present::santa2::santa2::santa2::santa2::merryxmas::merryxmas::merryxmas::merryxmas:

Ditto...

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

You should have called. We could have done lunch.

Met with the realtor yesterday. Looked at a few houses, and as of today ours is up for rent.

:yelclap: though you really should buy my house :cool2:

Hey I'm meeting BoomHower for lunch tomorrow. He lives in north FL/LA, he's just coming to town for the night, you and Tara want to join?

:yelclap: though you really should buy my house :cool2:

Hey I'm meeting BoomHower for lunch tomorrow. He lives in north FL/LA, he's just coming to town for the night, you and Tara want to join?

Can we transplant your home to other side of the bridge?

Tomorrow during the day I'm doing the work thing, and tomorrow night the packing thing.

Let's see here... In the course of one trip:

1) After I had my ticket, and was standing in line to get on the plane, I got called to the desk again. I got to the desk after 20 minutes in that line. Moments before getting to the desk, the attendant called my name again. I got to the desk and told him my name and he replied "I didn't call your name". Yes you did Einstein, about 800 times, most recently about 30 seconds ago. He gave me a new ticket because they changed planes and my seat number was now changed. Last person on the plane gets to use which overhead bins? Yeah, the ones about 25 seats behind where you are sitting, which makes for real fast deplaning, which is great when making tight connections... Couldn't they have just told me my new seat number as I boarded the plane?
2) Had a flight crew that was nowhere near the correct gate. Did they get lost? Not a good sign...
3) Got on an airplane (same one with the missing flight crew) and they suddenly discovered they had no way to start the airplane. Over an hour later (all spent in the plane) they found a way to start it... Note to airlines: Remember to arrange in advance for the airplanes to get turned on when the time is right...
4) Plane was delayed over an hour because weather the previous day was bad. Huh? Can I use that excuse at work?
5) Had a flight crew member decide there wasn't enough space left on the plane for any more carry on luggage. He forced about 6 of us to check our carry on luggage. When I got to my seat, I was able to see no less than 5 available overhead spaces, and that was just from my seat! I'm sure there were many more I just couldn't see.
6) As a conclusion to the above, somehow the last checked luggage to go on the plane was also the last luggage to end up on the belt. How does that work?
7) I could complain more, but that's enough for now...

Anybody know of any good fractional aircraft ownership deals? I am sick and tired of this crap...

On my little flight to Jamaica that was only supposed to last 1.75hours (air time) the DELAY was 6 hours! So after arriving three hours early for an international flight we left the airport 9 hours later. I could have arrived by BOAT faster! The airline (AirJamaica) did give us $10.00 each for a sandwich while we waited. Wow! We arrived at the hotel in Jamaica at 1:30am.
On the return flight the plane left 1.5 hours late. There was a terrible kid running up and down the airport screaming the whole time. Guess where he was seated?? Right next to me in his father's lap, I couldnt let Robin sit next to him, he wouldnt have survived. After kicking the seat continuously in front of him and slamming the tray up and down, Robin told him to stop. Something that hadnt accured to his father! Then he was allowed to run up and down the aisles of the plane while in flight! The attendants tried to calm him down but nothing was working.
AT LEAST THE REST OF THE VACATION WAS GREAT!!

I had a very disappointing dive weekend this weekend. Went to key largo to go dive pennekamp park and wasted some money. 19 divers went out and 17 pale faces came back. The seas were so rough only 4 people were able to stomache the second dive while a majority of the other divers fed the fish for them, of coarse no refunds. When we made it back we found out there was a small craft advisory. On the bright side besides learning about underwater surges the reef was awsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom