Greek Islands are NOT a bad Diving destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManosK:
Re Zakynthos have never been there but from what I have heard from a few Greek friends who been there not very long ago, this is NOT A VERY NICE PLACE to go for a holiday!

Id disagree with that having been there for the last 2 years for 2 weeks at a time. I find it a nice place with nice scenery, plenty to do and cheap easy access to the mainland via the subsidised ferries meaning trips to Olympia and others are quick and easy.

I couldnt see anything wrong with it as a destination hence me already having been there twice (other than the chaos at the small ill equipped airport that is).

I agree with manos.Greece has many islands worth going and if you know where and when to dive you will have great experiences!Please, if you go to places with ancient heirlooms do not take souvenirs.Such actions are coercing authorities to forbid diving in these places

I based my opinion on talking to the Ministry and also diving several times with local divers who knew the best places, in Attica, Milos and Crete during the Winter and Spring of 2001-2002. .[/QUOTE]
In Attica?This the place where I dive, have you ever gone to vouliagmeni?

ManosK:
Kosta I thought Vouligmeni was dived only for instruction and qualification dives. Or am I wrong??
First of all my name is kosmas :)Secondly when I say vouliagmeni I also consider all the near
skerries like Pothitos, Fleves etc..Yes in vouliagmeni near the coastline where the water is not deep there taking place instruction and qualification dives.....I took there the first lessons of diving along with a friend of mine, the youngest among everyone(14 years old, 2 years ago):) :) :)

In Attica?This the place where I dive, have you ever gone to vouliagmeni?[/QUOTE]

Kosmas, yes I was in Vouliagmeni, in fact, the operator of the school there, I met him, I cannot say I am an EXPERT on Attica, but if you have dove anywhere else in the world, you would recognize that this water is understandably turbid from pollution and shipping. I dove the Attica coast several times that Winter, at the Syphon, and also I think it was the island that is sometimes off limits. The wreck wasnt bad but nothing like we have in Canada. I know there is a cave system at Vouliagmeni, but I am not a cave diver so I didnt go. What is so great about Vouliagmení, please share your vast experience? :ne_nau:

P.S. At the date of your birth, I had been a spearfisherman for 16 years and a scuba diver for 12 years. :58:

Polluted waters???Did you go to Piraes harbour to make your dive or in another place near it??????I have been diving in attica for a long time and I have not seen such waters.It is exaclty contrarily, water is so clean with full of life and with an average visibility 15m-20m.Especially in the mornings you can have brilliant dives with excellent visibilities and underwater life.Could you please tell me the skerries you dove or something specific because I am really curious to know where those water are!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom