Green Bridge / King's beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I took my daughter out to Green Bridge for her fourth post certification dive yesterday. There was a bit of a swell and vis was not so great. AfterDark was there with wife and kayaks. He decided conditions weren't right for the Arch, so he came along. Conditions were not so great but we had a good time with 46 minutes BT.

For a second dive I went solo at Kings Beach (my daughter's foot chafed in her wetsuit booties). I navigated out to the island underwater and proceeded counter clockwise around the island. Once I reached the southern side of the island, I headed west-south-west along the rocks until I hit my turn around pressure at 35 minutes, then navigated back. I was interested in getting out to Price Neck to see I could find any triple A shells. While I have no idea how close I came(pop ups aren't my thing) and I didn't find any casings, it was one of the best dives this year. Good visibility once I rounded the island, getting to about 15 ft. I saw plenty of large tautaug and a really huge black fish along with an annelid worm that was swimming in the water column, spewing a defensive white substance. I haven't seen them swimming around in the water during the day very often, so that made for a pretty cool treat.

The topography of the bottom was pretty impressive, rock outcroppings and boulders, the sand was at around 25- 35 fsw, I usually was stayed around 20 fsw to conserve air. Total time 1:11.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom