Greeting from Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My original plan was to have the plastic zip but forgot to check the box after filling out the form for the 5th time (purchase anxiety to ensure everything was right lol). I'm a big fan of Kubi rings. Buying the full system from SS is often cheaper than piecing the other systems together and they're pretty much bulletproof. I'm also not a fan of velcro pockets, but that's just my preference. I also like to tuck my H1 hood bibb into my warm neck and the velcro warm neck helps with that.
So for your build I would go everything you have with these changes:
Kubi suit and glove side with covers
Standard warm neck (only if you plan to tuck your bibb, simple if you have a bibless hood)
I did not go for crotch reinforcement even though I dive a BP/W. Just didn't want the added bulk there.

Overall I'm happy with my suit and wouldn't change it other than plastic zip vs the brass and maybe room for extra thermal protection. I dive my 150 year round and don't get cold but the option to comfortably dive a 400 would be nice.

Also, don't forget to get some color on yours so as not to blend in with all the Santi and Bare suits you'll be around lol

Buy a few female and 4-5 male quick disconnects for your p-valve. Dry break is key, female on the suit side, male on your member. You'll also need a good method for rinsing the valve after use to avoid a painful reminder to rinse it.

View attachment 797652
What site did you get your QDs from, and if I’m not mistaken I think the guy at Seaskin said the END of November for my suit. Almost 4.5 month lead time now!? They must be crazy busy with orders…..

What site did you get your QDs from, and if I’m not mistaken I think the guy at Seaskin said the END of November for my suit. Almost 4.5 month lead time now!? They must be crazy busy with orders…..
Sorry, I thought the screenshot had the site on it. Get those ones I posted from McMaster

End of November is only 3.5 months away 8/18 - 9/18 = 1, 9/18 - 10/18 = 2, 10/18 - 11/18 = 3, plus a couple weeks...

Sorry, I thought the screenshot had the site on it. Get those ones I posted from McMaster

End of November is only 3.5 months away 8/18 - 9/18 = 1, 9/18 - 10/18 = 2, 10/18 - 11/18 = 3, plus a couple weeks...

Oh yeah I forgot it’s august 😂 I always quit thinking in summer and just go to the lake and dive!

Back
Top Bottom