Greetings from Brownsmead Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaMurphy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello I just started diving last year when I was waiting to pickup my new Coast Guard Ship in Marinette Wisconsin. As I was getting certified to dive and afterward I had the opportunity to dive in a cold Quarry and dove several of the wrecks around Door county, Milwaukee and Macinack straights, really neat dives. When we finally received the ship, we transitted out of the Great Lakes to the Atlantic ocean via the St Lawrence Seaway. We stopped in Halifax were I dove and saw lots of lobster and verticle thermoclines, nice dive. We then stopped in Boston, (No diving lots of work) then off to Bermuda, really beautiful dives. Then to Miami, again no diving, then to Cozumel sure is neat and warm diving after Wisconsin, Drift diving was a neat experience. We then went through the Panama Canal, then on to San Diego. I dove on the HMCS Yukon ( it was kind of strange to dive on a ship that I had visited when it was in Service 1979) In San Diego I also did my first kelp dive. Then off on the final leg of our journey home to Astoria OR. After being away from home for ten months (with a few short trips home) I finally made it home, in the little community of Brownsmead OR, just outside of Astoria, Yea!! I have since completed several dives up in the Puget Sound And I intend to do many more.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

:D

Is the diving in Brownsmead as good as it is in Butte Falls?? :wink:

Al Mialkovsky:
Is the diving in Brownsmead as good as it is in Butte Falls?? :wink:

Where is Butte Falls?

I Dove in the Columbia river off of Aldrich Point and down 15 feet all I saw was Black, Barely saw my gages, like when I did my low vis dive in the Pestigo River in Wisconsin. Most of my diving will be in the Puget Sound

Back
Top Bottom