Greetings from Chicago!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tpf1230

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!!

I've been wanting to learn to dive for a very long time and finally got my ass up and moving a couple weeks ago! I received my OW certification and immediately signed up for AOW and Drysuit! Now I want to start logging dives before I go for any more training.

I'm going to be in the Los Angeles area from 6/25-7/12 and hope to get a few dives in while I'm there.

For my real job, I'm a firefighter/paramedic, which allows me quite a bit of time to travel and get in dives any day of the week (assuming I'm not on shift). The only problem I have is finding dive buddies!

Well, great to be here and looking forward to diving!

Todd

Hello Todd,
While in LA check out Malibu Divers. Ask for Carrie (she will be the patite blond most likely with pink something on) she will be able to help you out.

Malibu Divers
21231 Pacific Coast Hwy
Malibu, CA 90265

Then when you are back in Chicago. Take a trip up to Lake Villa, IL to Toucan Dive. The shop goes out once a month to teach classes, but everyone is invited to dive and have a good time. Just this last weekend we had 40+ divers out at Pearl Lake, so you will be sure to find a dive buddy for the day and make new friends. We have a BBQ and music is always playing.
Enjoy,
David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom