Greetings from N.H. by way of.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wandernsoul

Reaction score
Hey kids,

Guess it's time for me to jump in the pool. I've been checking things out on the board for a while, just to see if everyone plays nice. :)
I'm currently living in New Hampshire along the seacoast, one of the prettiest places on earth, but have been wandering around for several years now. I lived in Maine for many years but got pretty crispy from my job (ER nurse) so I sold my home and ran off to join Peace Corps (loooong story). That got me to Micronesia, Pohnpei to be exact, which was just awesome but P.C. wasn't, so home again home again, back to work. The travel bug bit hard though, so next I joined a conservation group, Coral Cay Conservation (www.coralcay.org) as a medical officer and went off to the Philippines, where I spent 3 months on the dive project, and then 2 months in the rainforest. WICKED! And this year I joined them again in Malaysia for 2 months.
Moral of the story is diving and medicine have been very good to me. These are the things I love and do well, and I've been fortunate to find a way to put them together and work (well, volunteer actually) in some really neat places. Right now I'm just hanging out here in New England for the winter, which will give me lots of time to plan the next adventure!!
This is a great SCUBA forum and I look forward to learning lots of stuff from all of you. Hey, if anyone's in my area let me know. I don't do much coldwater diving and definitely not WINTER coldwater, but it's always great to meet fellow divers.
Cheers,
Beck

And welcome to the party line! :thumb: Fun place to learn, but then - you'll have a lot to share, I'm sure. What an interesting background. :freaky:

I'll be looking forward to your input...

don

Hi beck
Welcome to the board. If you would like to try some winter cold water diving in the area let me know. I am just down the road about 15 min outside of concord. I do a fair amount of winter diving it's alot of fun in the right gear.
Dave

Welcome aboard, Beck! Fascinating background...you certainly seem to be doing it all. I look forward to seeing your posts and hearing about your next adventure.

Best fishes and safe travels.

Thanks for the greetings guys! You know, SCUBA people are THE BEST!! I look forward to learning all kinds of neat stuff from every one here.

Good diving to all of you!

Beck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom