Greetings from Northern and Southern California - I'm Lola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Reno Nevada (Janesville CA) (Tehachapi CA)
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm excited to be here! I've been certified since 1977 and dive on vacations and to the channel islands mostly. I think I will start diving more! Headed to Hawaii next Saturday and have purchased some basic equipment. Going to Cozumel for a week dive trip in January. I'd like to go the the Philippines to dive and see the country for the first time. I am a pisces so I do love the water and all the critters there! Probably need to get into better shape for safety. I could stand to be a stronger swimmer but I do OK.

Thanks for the community here!

Welcome to the Board. Sounds like you’re an old hand, but new gear has a way of making us dive more, to “get our money’s worth”.
Best wishes from southeastern US. If you’re ever in the neighborhood, the Flower Gardens marine sanctuary is a fun liveaboard experience, coral and pelagics without leaving the States.

Welcome!! Was in Tehachapi earlier this year, actually Stallion Springs, visiting friends after a trip to Catalina Island.

Hi Lola! Have fun with your Diving!

Nevermind Tom, I found it. thanks!

This is the dive boat you'd be on.

fling charters - Google Search

A long trip out, but worth it. Glad you've read up on it. The two flower garden dives, and stetson bank a bit closer to shore, are affectionately called the "Texas Caribbean". The season is about April through October, and ideal right around Labor Day.

This is probably a post-vaccine thing to plan for. It's pretty close quarters in the bunk area. But the operators would know better than me.

Not luxury, but fun. "Dive, eat, sleep, repeat".

Welcome to Scuba Board. Glad to have you aboard. I had one trip to the Channel Islands out of California; really good diving, and different from anything else I've done. Never been to Hawaii or the Philippines.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

Looks like you shoot PPC. Have you tried IPSC?

Back
Top Bottom