Greetings from Ontario... and Tobermory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello all...

I have just joined the forum and wanted to say "hello". I stumbled across the site while I was searching for some new computer information.

I live in Ontario, Canada and spend most of my time diving in the Great Lakes... particularly in the Tobermory area, but also, Kingston, the St. Lawrence, Lake Erie, Whitefish etc.

I've been diving for 28 years, and instructed (NAUI) from 1978 until 2000. I used run a Dive Shop in Tobermory and in my younger days worked in the Bahamas and Grand Cayman.

Most of my diving is deepish (?) air... 100 - 200 feet... I know, I know, use mix... and I've logged about 2700 dives in total. I keep thinking the thrill will wear off... but then it's spring... and damn, I had a couple of real nice dives this weekend (Arabia and Lady Dufferin, for those of you that know Tobermory...)

I'll look forward to meeting some of you!

Stu

Welcome from Seattle!!

You Must have plenty of stories to tell with that experience. I look forward to hearing them. Have you ever dived the Duluth Mn, Grand Marais area?

Just curious.

:creeper:

Nope, never made it to Duluth. I get up to scenic Paradise Michigan, but not much further west. (Even Paradise is about a 10 hour drive, pulling a boat trailer.)

Hows the diving in Seattle? I've spent some time on the M.V. Clavella out of Port Hardy on Vancouver Island. IMHO, that's the best diving in the world. Around here, we don't have to worry about all of those damn fish, octopus and giant anemones getting in the way of our mud, rocks and old boats!:)

Stoo

welcome aboard from a fellow canuk. Like your self I too love to dive in Tobermory.:)

Welcome to the neighbourhood! Good to have another Canuck!

Don't forget to take a peek or two in the Ontario Forum for news and activities around the province. We've got things in the works... and plans for the future.

Originally posted by Stoo
Hey DG...

I just spent some time in the new (I gather...) Ontario section. Very nice.

Where does the Board originate anyway?

Stoo

Hmmm originates.... well the server is in the USA, but the members are all over the world. So far there are just the three groups Texas (watch out for them guys - hehehe), Florida and us Ontarians who have organized to try and do somethings as an organized group.

As for the Ontario section - please provide any advice and guidance for Tobermory.... there are a number of us who like to visit, and would appreciate any you have to share.

Originally posted by Stoo
Rooster... Are you the guy who wakes up with the crowing at 6 in the morning???
No. I am the guy leaving that wakes up the Rooster that wakes you up!:) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom