Greetings from Queensland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToneNQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, garnishing your collective knowledge, thought it might be time to contribute. I took a few years out for house renovations and study and kids. Previously I followed my curiosity and ended up a PADI professional, but quickly realised counting open water certs was not my passion. I did AN/DP when a TDI shop opened but it folded after STC Yasi, life got busy, so that was that.

I returned last year and started the process all over again, the improvement in the TDI materials in the last decade is noteworthy. Trimix is underway (COVID-19 had delayed the dives) and I'm keen to get into sidemount for the flexibility when traveling. I'd like to do intro to caves but wrecks and rebreathers are what piques my enthusiasm. Very keen on a return to Truk and Malta, to see every inch of the Coolidge, and I'd love to dive the Kaiser's fleet in Scapa Flow. My diving has been almost exclusively open water and comparatively warm water, so plenty to experience.

I've been enjoying the new gear on offer since I got back into it. Sighed when I saw the Teric, its capability and cost compared to what I paid for my D9 and transmitter in 2008 had a lump in my throat.

Welcome to SB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom