Greetings from Villa Alba, Tulamben, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was not very lucky, two weeks in Bali, 5 diving days only - got nasty typhoid fever. The last four days was a night at SOS clinic and total bedrest at hotel; and then rest another week in Jakarta.
It was so awesome to meet you and Mrs. Wisnu. I’m so so so sorry you got sick. :( Hopefully, it was a smooth recovery after that. It would be fun to dive with you next time!

Great shots Gordon,
love the Phyllodesmium sp
Seem the group enjoy Bali. Agree for good food and lovely ambient at VA but almost no parking space - so dont really fit me.

I was not very lucky, two weeks in Bali, 5 diving days only - got nasty typhoid fever. The last four days was a night at SOS clinic and total bedrest at hotel; and then rest another week in Jakarta.

Oh my gosh! I hope that you are well recovered?

Do you know where you may have encountered it?

Oh my gosh! I hope that you are well recovered?

Do you know where you may have encountered it?

Oh no, sorry to hear that, did you manage to figure out where you picked it up?

I'm not too sure. We have eaten at many places, incl. grilled fish stalls in Seraya, Taliwang grilled chicken at Padang Bai, and higher end restaurants at Tirta Gangga, Padang Bai and Taman Safari Bali - and finally the Padang cuisine in Denpasar which triggers excessive bloating with intense pain that must be taken to SOS clinic denpasar. Then the next day my temp. jumped to 42C. Blood test confirmed.

Back in PHC now, no more fever, just a bit weak.

It was so awesome to meet you and Mrs. Wisnu. I’m so so so sorry you got sick. :( Hopefully, it was a smooth recovery after that. It would be fun to dive with you next time!
Thanks @outofofficebrb
Glad to see you and the group too. Hope we have a chance to dive with you and other SB'ers next time. So far, No plan to visit Bali in 2023 yet but we'll retire and live there from early 2024; on the way to Tulamben, 5 minutes from Tirta gangga.

I hope you recover quickly @Wisnu

Did your wife manage to avoid it?

I'm not too sure. We have eaten at many places, incl. grilled fish stalls in Seraya, Taliwang grilled chicken at Padang Bai, and higher end restaurants at Tirta Gangga, Padang Bai and Taman Safari Bali - and finally the Padang cuisine in Denpasar which triggers excessive bloating with intense pain that must be taken to SOS clinic denpasar. Then the next day my temp. jumped to 42C. Blood test confirmed.

The only other person of my acquaintance who contracted typhoid, claimed to have been infected from swimming in a river.

Hopefully, but unlikely, the Balinese government is attempting to track down the source and fix the problem.

The last thing they need now is a Typhoid outbreak with a bunch of Mary's running around. 😔

I wish you a full recovery!

Not tried LDR, however I plan to dive with @ScubaWithTurk during my next visit, mainly because I know him and he's working at another place down the road.
I may even come to you and dive some of the sites you are hitting that I may not have been able to dive yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom