Greetings!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wanna dive Broken Bow lake in Oklahoma?
Maybe, that's a pretty long drive for me. Do ya have a website with more info on it?

I have to get in 25 dives by Oct. 18th so that I can get in the DIR/F class so I'm game to dive any time.
I didn't realize they were doing a DIR/F class in Houston again. I'd love to go, too bad I'm going to be on the Aqua Cat that week. :tongue:

Ryan P once bubbled...
I didn't realize they were doing a DIR/F class in Houston again. I'd love to go, too bad I'm going to be on the Aqua Cat that week. :tongue:

I don't think they are. They are doing one in Austin however...:)

-will

Curious what you thought of the Aqua Cat.... Wife and I will be there in april and we wanted to know what you thought????
Phil

Glad you decided to introduce yourself, and I look forward to diving with you some day. You'll have a good time with Jeff, aka. Fetch, if he's still sportin' the long dregs you'll have a built in buddy line.... :wink:
but I'm guessing 1mm isn't going to cut it.
If you plan on hitting any of the local lakes prior to last of April or even March, (Travis was 52 in March last yr.), you'll definately need a bit more protection. I imagine Blue Lagoon and Twin Lakes will be a bit warmer sooner.

ps SCUBA gear........What else would you want to spend ALL your money on?

dive safe,
tony

Where y'all doing your AOW at? I did mine at Travis. Can't remember the name exactly, but it was a private diving dock over by Windy something. I think they shut down and sold the spot to build a mansion - go figure.

Hey Ranz!
Never did get a trip report. How was it? Y'all ready for this season?

Are you talking about Windy Point?

Yeah, I think. It wasn't actually Windy Point, but that was the area.

The guy running the show came accross with the typical "I'm a scuba god and you're a punk" attitude, but once we got past the BS I got along with him OK.

I just ran into my dive buddy for the class at a course I was taking a few months back. We both got a few good laughs remembering our advanced antics. How could navigating a simple square be so hard???

Tex....was it Scuba Park? That's the only thing I ever heard it called. It was on the same side of the lade as the dam and just around the corner. The old crumudgeon who ran it went out of business a couple years ago. In fact, I think some of the u/w boats and stuff at the dam came from there.

???? Coulda been - especially since I can't think of any name. It was a pretty good sized floating dock. Had changing rooms, a good sized compressor and space for about 3 classes.

You couldn't leave once you parked your car. They had everyone sardined in bumper to bumper so you had to wait until the car in front left before you could move.

Yeah....that was it.

Back
Top Bottom