Grenada.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadoguk

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Sorry if this is not the right place.

I was and still am very connected to Grenada in the West Indies I have two boys of Grenadian decent and my ex-wifes family still live there, I have many Friends that may or may not been hurt and homeless when the hurricane hit a few weeks ago.
The best information I have from my ex-wife is that herfamily are all homeless but OK and my old dive store and the hotel where it was is gone also most of the stuff on Grand Anse beach is no more.
The Island is in a terrible way and unlike the bigger islands the economy there is not likely to recover soon, I will be trying to find out for my ex's family if there is any help to be had anywhere but it's not looking good.
Sad but true I hope that the locals get help but knowing the local government and the fact its the third world I am not sure.
Sorry to be a downer but thought I would pass on what I know

My wife and I honeymooned in Grenada a few years ago.
A truly beautiful place with wonderful people.
Being so far south, they do not receive that many severe hurricanes, and are ill-equipped to deal with them when they do occur.

I was saddened to see the damage the island sustained, and hope they can recover as quickly as possible. Our thoughts are with them.

just to let you have some more info there is allot of aid poring into Grenada , matter of fact I can tell you I am on a flight due to leave this week ( out of pope air force base ) to fly over to deliver equipment and supplies so yes to answerer your question help s on the way !!!

medic13:
just to let you have some more info there is allot of aid poring into Grenada , matter of fact I can tell you I am on a flight due to leave this week ( out of pope air force base ) to fly over to deliver equipment and supplies so yes to answerer your question help s on the way !!!
Many thanks, my family need the help good to know someone is helping out there.
Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom