Grey Nurse Shark Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sebastian

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a Grey Nurse Shark dive this weekend and brought my camera along.

Visibility wasn't too great but i still got some nice shots.

Tell me what you think.

I used a SeaLife Reefmaster RC

The last picture is me :)

Thanks

Sebastian

My Grey Nurse Shark Photo Page

Is this the same type of shark that they call Sand Tiger in the US and raggery toothe shark in South Africa?

Pictures are pretty good.

This is indeed what we call the Ragged Tooth Shark in South Africa.
We will be seeing lots of them from sometime next month at Aliwal Shoal of the Kwazulu Natal coast when they follow the sardine run coming to the Natal coast. They then spend time on Aliwal Shoal breeding before they continue up the coast.
Can't wait to dive with them again.

clive francis once bubbled...
nice photos shame about the vis

I kind of like the low vis. Makes it more creepy - sort of "jaws-esque" - like you know the shark is out there but not until it appears just in front of your mask do you really know where. Nice atmospherics.

Dave

clive francis once bubbled...
arr, but the chances of a raggy biting you are pretty slim unles you trap it or piss it off.

if you want to be scared, then do bulls in that vis :D

Yeah that's why it makes them such a great shark to dive with and to take photos of.

WoW!! Can I say Jealous? That would be me... I've been diving for over a year here in Hawaii, and still no sharks! My husband saw two sharks one day of diving without me (I was on vacation) grrrrrrr... Great pics... I think the visibility just makes it more "scary" :eek: he he he Thanks for sharing:thumb:

Very cool! I have seen a few sharks, but havn't managed to get one to sit still long enough for a photo. Damn, I hate unprofessional models!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom