GTBA Gathering/Meet-N-Greet/Send-off Party- May 24, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissD, she completed her OW in Dec. Just completed her AOW on our trip to Pompano Beach (4-26-08), and has just started her Rescue class along with a few specialities (Wreck, Nav, Deep, PPB & Night). She has become a "Born Again" scuba diver!

Last edited:
But is theft an issue at that beach? I was wondering if I needed to leave belongings locked in the car during the dive.

And will people be doing multiple dives there, or do the tides, etc. allow only one ideal time for entry, as in some shore areas? I was wondering if I should bring one tank or two.

Thanks!

You'll want to take and set your stuff on your tarp or what have you, since it will be an all day event.

But is theft an issue at that beach? I was wondering if I needed to leave belongings locked in the car during the dive.

And will people be doing multiple dives there, or do the tides, etc. allow only one ideal time for entry, as in some shore areas? I was wondering if I should bring one tank or two.

Thanks!

Having attended a couple of these Meet & Greets, I can say first of all theft is NOT a problem. Everyone watches out for each other and keeps an eye on non- participants when they are in the area, along with watching everyones kids. Bring two tank or more. If viz is good most will do multiple dives, and some bring doubles and do L-O-N-G dives.

Great--I'll bring both tanks then. Looking forward to meeting more people from this group.

Having attended a couple of these Meet & Greets, I can say first of all theft is NOT a problem. Everyone watches out for each other and keeps an eye on non- participants when they are in the area, along with watching everyones kids. Bring two tank or more. If viz is good most will do multiple dives, and some bring doubles and do L-O-N-G dives.

:wave-smil and yes you have. I think someone has been caught up in the ladies :crafty:...

Just a vicious rumor! :eyebrow: Just been out meeting people and having fun! :D Having climbed out of the frying pan, I'm not about to jump into the fire! :rofl3:

it will be nice to take an "out of town" (well sort of!) trip like this that doesn't use up a ton of gas

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom