Guam Dive Sites & Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eytokyo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to Guam for a quick weekend in October. Can you recommend some good boat dive sites and a shop that will take me there? Prefer small groups...thank you!

When I lived there, back in 1993, I did my AOW with Coral Reef Marine Center. There are a bunch of diver shops there. The island is only 30 miles long and about 5-12 miles wide.

MDA is a pretty respectable organization, run a few boats to most of the locations and good prices. They also are pretty good w/ camera gear, which is important to me.

Take care,
john

I reccomend MDA over its main competitor, GTDS. If you plan to boat dive on a weekend though, don't expect a small group. You are welcome to PM me for any specifics if you would like.

I highly recommend MDA. Here is their October boat schedule.

Guam Boat Diving.

In addition to these dives they have a daily 2 tank boat to Blue Hole or Crevice plus a second dive.

I dove with them in 2003 and 2008 on trips to Guam and they do a great job. I also consider them to be one of the safest operations I have gone diving with during almost 400 dives.

MDA without hesitation. They are not like a full service resort -- they give you a ride on the boat and then let you dive. Set up your own gear and see to your needs and ground transport. No hand holding here on the rock.

For info they are at Guam & Micronesia Pacific Scuba Diving.
Dianne is their travel agent. Contact her with your needs and she will take care of you. She set me up with trips in the past.

I just wrapped up a long weekend diving in Guam. I was diving solo so I asked for a guide through MDA. Both guides were good, but Tommy Rhodes was great! (too bad he's moving off the island back to the good ole USA in a couple of weeks)

MDA is a really friend org... very organized.

Glad you enjoyed it.

The General Manager Jim Miller does a great job running a quality operation. How was the viz & what dive sites did you get to?

Sounds like MDA has new owners from my last visit there in 2004. Did Cynthia (Cindy) and Pete (I think that was his name) sell the operation??

I have to say, they did a fantastic job for me in 2004. I made all the arrangements including nitrox via email and my buddy and I just showed up, analyzed the tanks, and went to the boat.

Were you shore diving with Tommy on Saturday? We went to Umatac with him in the morning and then saw his bunch at Gab Gab later that afternoon as we were coming back in. Glad you had a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom