Guatemala

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xsbeech

Registered
Reaction score
I am planning on going to Guatemala to visit my family soon...any recommendations for dive sites or operatos?

I'll ask a Moderator to move this to Cent America forum for better coverage.

Have you read the State Dept warnings on travel there? You didn't say where you'll be going exactly, but the organized diving I'd suggest for a newbie would be the more developed of adjacent Belize or Roatan.

I didn't see Guatemala on the State Dept site - honestly doesn't matter, I have been there tons of times since my parents are from there. Thanks for moving it to a different section of the forum

DandyDon:
I'll ask a Moderator to move this to Cent America forum for better coverage.

Have you read the State Dept warnings on travel there? You didn't say where you'll be going exactly, but the organized diving I'd suggest for a newbie would be the more developed of adjacent Belize or Roatan.

Lago Atitlan has the only dive shop I know about in Guatemala. Can't remember the name but it is in Santa Cruz. Brrrr....the water is cold and I prefer to head for the Bay Islands but if you are in the area it might be worth checking out.

Ati Divers is the only dive operation in Santa Cruz (or all of Lago Atitlan for that matter).

They are good people and will take good care of you.

Come to Utila after that.

Kupu:
Lago Atitlan has the only dive shop I know about in Guatemala. Can't remember the name but it is in Santa Cruz. Brrrr....the water is cold and I prefer to head for the Bay Islands but if you are in the area it might be worth checking out.

The one operator I have used is Pana Divers and have been diving Atitlan Lake for a long time. Yes the water is cold.... Depending on how long you will stay, ask around as you go to Lake Izabal in the Caribbean Coast.

Great! Thanks guys for the recommendations!
Xiomara

sharkdiver00:
The one operator I have used is Pana Divers and have been diving Atitlan Lake for a long time. Yes the water is cold.... Depending on how long you will stay, ask around as you go to Lake Izabal in the Caribbean Coast.

Back
Top Bottom