GUE/DIR BP/W question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a big plus for that Infinity cinch system, in my mind. There are weekends when I dive a drysuit one day and a 3mm the next.

Yes, me too. If I'm diving in the lake below the thermocline, I'll put on my drysuit with the thick underwear. If I'm above the thermocline or diving in the river, I'll wear the 8/6. I also have an old shoulder injury, and being able to really loosen up the right side helps a lot.

I just put together a few backplates. I have one for my 3mm and one for my drysuit. I bought used and spent less on two setups than one Halcyon regular backplate and harness.

Ive been diving the cinch system for about a year now.....no complaints what so ever....been great and def recomend if you dive wet and or dry.

I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions/recomendations. It gives me a lot to think about. Maybe I will get a backplate and 1 piece harness and see if I can make it work. If not I won't be out that much money. Thanks again and safe diving...
Tac

Another real bonus with the cinch system is being able fit it on like 90% of your dive buddies (hopefully) if you leave the webbing a bit long. oh? you wanna try a BP/W? no problem! you forgot your BC? no problem! the quick adjust crotch strap should become standard on all rental and training Backplates. I have seen so many folks diving with ill adjusted crotch straps simply because it's a pain to adjust.

Personally i vary my undergarments and drysuit regularly, going from a CF200 with XM450 and a heating vest all the way down to a CLX450 and powerstretch undergarments (with the very rare warm water adventure thrown in) and for that reason I appreciate the Cinch. (and i just went to a short backplate w/cinch which is ridiculously awesome)

My gear was sorted by bob sherwood in fundies. those of you who know him know this means my shoulder straps are anything but restrictive.... Yes, they are much easier to get out of compared to a tightly adjusted backplate but I still find the cinch easier to get into/out of than even a bob-adjusted fixed harness :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom