GUE Fundamentals Class in 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to go but I'll have to see if I can leave work early that day... otherwise I'll probably end up sitting in traffic and still not making it there on time.

We're shooting for 7-9pm.

Hope to see you there,
Rob

Ben, thanks for the new links.

Can one take the class with rented gear?

Ben, thanks for the new links.

Can one take the class with rented gear?

The gear requirements for fundamentals are rather strict, and most dive shops do not rent the appropriate equipment. Beyond that, one of the fantastic things about taking fundies is the attention spent on getting your gear adjusted for maximum balance on you. You'll learn a tremendous amount from the class, even in rental or borrowed gear, but it definitely reduces the immediate and direct applicability of this specific benefit for you.

I'd personally recommend trying to get your own personal gear, since it's a platform that will grow with you. More then anything else though, I'd recommend getting in touch with the local fundies instructors (including rhlee on this board) and getting their take on it.

Back
Top Bottom