GUE, UTD or TDI oh my...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The other TDI instructors around that know of: Bill Coltart in Courtney I don't know how much teaching he does now days and Dave Tomblin (wedivebc) in Nanaimo I'm sure there is other but I don't follow who is who in zoo anymore. Guy or Mark are good choice if you're looking at diving DIR, I know of them and heard good things, plus there are close not like the old days where you had to travel to take GUE course or get an instructor to fly to your location at cost. I believe that Guy only teach Fundie after that if you want to stay with GUE you may have to travel, Mark teach tech level or whatever UTD call them.

Al

I've spoken with Ron at adventures down under. He's a great guy. I met him 3 weeks ago when he was on his way to Nanaimo. We've traded info and he has sent me some information on some of their technical trips they have planned this year. I also expressed interest in the Meglodon training with him. Hopefully the next few years. :)

I also expressed interest in the Meglodon training with him. Hopefully the next few years. :)

If you live closer to Nanaimo you could also contact Wedivebc he's a Megalodon instructor. So you will go from DIR to Meg diver in a year interesting:D

Al

Guy or Mark are good choice if you're looking at diving DIR, I know of them and heard good things, plus there are close not like the old days where you had to travel to take GUE course or get an instructor to fly to your location at cost. I believe that Guy only teach Fundie after that if you want to stay with GUE you may have to travel,

Dan MacKay lives in Alberta now which means that local diving involves trips to the Wet Coast. Those looking for GUE courses beyond fundies now have great access to Tech 1 and Tech 2.

Dan MacKay lives in Alberta now which means that local diving involves trips to the Wet Coast. Those looking for GUE courses beyond fundies now have great access to Tech 1 and Tech 2.

That's right I forgot that Dan is in Alberta for now until his wife get posted to another base.

She's retired. That's why they moved out here (to be closer to family). No more postings.

Damn flat face civies can't wait to be one:D 10 years to go. At least in the Navy we try our best to stay on one coast or the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom