Gull masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiversL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
what is the deal with Gull masks? Are they all marketing by creating their own market with their higher price point or they are better than the rest?

Unlike many items of diving gear, whose production is outsourced, Gull masks, fins and snorkels are manufactured in the country where the company is based, namely Japan. I can't speak personally for the quality of Gull masks, because I don't own one, but I do own a snorkel and a pair of fins made by Gull and I am very happy with them. I have also noticed that Gull masks are advertised with full specifications of their dimensions and field of vision, e.g.:
Gull-MANTIS-5-Dive-Mask-Black-Silicone-Rubber-Skirt-_1.jpg

which rarely happens with masks mass-produced by OEMs. The weight and internal volume is there as well, while ads for other companies' masks just state that the product is "low volume" without giving its cubic capacity. This conveys the impression to me that Gull cares about its products and wants its customers to be as fully informed as possible before purchasing.

Last edited:
Never realized that! I know people always talk about how the skirt is more comfortable than other masks, just curious about their clarity too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom