H.264 MP4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm getting choppy video using my Yi4K and converting MP4 to WMV.using the free version of Wondershare. I am new to this process.

Would prefer to have a user friendly experience. I'm paired with my Samsung smartphone OK, but I'm hoping for any "easy" solution to creating my underwater shots.

Thanks

So viewing from the camera shows no defect. Maybe just a slight bit of lag time. But good overall.

Is it because Wondershare free is maybe not up to the task? I can't imagine it being the fault of the Yi4K. Not with the great reviews.

is the original mp4 choppy? have you tried mediacoder or da vinci resolve?

I'm going to download mediacoder now.and give it a try. Thanks, I will post my result.

Thank You! Mediacoder is an awesome piece of software. Solved my problem. Can't wait to get some underwater shots in the swimming pool. Then it will get a workout with my Puerto Galera shots.

I'll use the Yi4K in loop mode so I don't have to work the controls as much. I noticed that the menu on the Yi4K is not accessible with the underwater housing in place. I thought I saw a demo show that it would work.

Sea Kraits, Blue Ring Octopus, Sea Turtles and possibly Hammerheads. :)

Well I spoke too soon. Mediacoder "plays" H.264 flawlessly while it's running, but does not send the converted file to my laptop.

DaVinci resolve only installed panels to my Windows machine. So something odd there.

Still looking for a solution. I'll try downloading Pavtube.

is the original mp4 choppy? have you tried mediacoder or da vinci resolve?

Eureka! I can shoot in 1080p Ultra at 30fps for now. And when I drag the file from the camera to the desktop it plays as a video file should. Image quality is excellent.

Down the road I can purchase some software to work with the large 4K stuff. But I don't need it for now because if you want to post a video, it will need to be compressed to a smaller format anyway. Such as what Youtube needs.

Thank You! Mediacoder is an awesome piece of software. Solved my problem. Can't wait to get some underwater shots in the swimming pool. Then it will get a workout with my Puerto Galera shots.

I'll use the Yi4K in loop mode so I don't have to work the controls as much. I noticed that the menu on the Yi4K is not accessible with the underwater housing in place. I thought I saw a demo show that it would work.

Sea Kraits, Blue Ring Octopus, Sea Turtles and possibly Hammerheads. :)

Do you have your Yi set on "Housing Mode"? That allows you to switch between video, slowmo video, still, ect. with long presses of the button. Not full control, but definitely better than nothing.

On the playout front, I'll have issues about 80% of the time with Adobe Premiere not recognizing the footage. Which I can fix by changing the filename from an .mp4 to .mpg . I'm on a Mac mostly, so it might not be the same, but the issue does sound like it is an issue with the video 'container', so I'd avoid any full re-compression if possible, as that does end up in a loss in quality.
FFmpeg is worth a try:
The Correct Way To Convert A Video From One Container Format To Another
There is a version with a graphic user interface version for you Windows users, as well.

BTW, your comment about Youtube seemed to indicate you thought it only accepted lower res. It does accept up to 4K. Here's a link to thie r sizes:: Recommended resolution & aspect ratios - Computer - YouTube Help

While you don't have to have $600 software, you might also consider video editing software in the $100 range. Could be worth the investment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom