Haigh Quarry this Saturday (6/6/09)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckless1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning on being at Haigh Quarry this Saturday and need a buddy. If anyone wants to meet, please let me know. I'd like to get 4+ dives in and practice some skills.

I would like to join if you are going out but would like to mention that I just got certified last weekend and need to work on my bouyancy some still. I don't know what skills you are looking at working on but if you still need a buddy for the weekend let me know.

Brian

No problem, Brian, me too. Last weekend were my first dives in 7 and 14mm of neoprene and I'm switching it up again this weekend, so I'll need to figure out my buoyancy too, again.

Basically I wanted to dive around and practice buoyancy, trim, non-silting kicks, and maybe shooting an smb and stage/pony handling. I also have to tour the rest of the quarry since I basically only saw one end of it last time.

No problem, Brian, me too. Last weekend were my first dives in 7 and 14mm of neoprene and I'm switching it up again this weekend, so I'll need to figure out my buoyancy too, again.

Basically I wanted to dive around and practice buoyancy, trim, non-silting kicks, and maybe shooting an smb and stage/pony handling. I also have to tour the rest of the quarry since I basically only saw one end of it last time.

Hi Bigdorkpeter,

If you miss a dive buddy at Haigh, just let Tina know. She can often hook you up with people at the quarry.

Hi Bigdorkpeter,

If you miss a dive buddy at Haigh, just let Tina know. She can often hook you up with people at the quarry.

Thanks, good to know. My other thought was to bring a lawn chair, a book, a big "Need Buddy" sign, and wait ;-)

Actually I managed to convince my gf to go on Saturday, but we got 0 loggable dives :depressed: ...

--Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom