Haigh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We dove Haigh on Friday and Saturday, before the memorial celebration. I found the vis to be better than they posted. I measured it with a line and I would call it about 25' all around on Friday. On Saturday the shallow side drop some with all the students, but still not bad diving.
Also of note, on Friday afternoon, a storm came through very fast. We were on the far side, and we watched the wind blow thru and distroy several pop up canapes, and bring down some very large branches. Several johnny on the spots were also turned over. I'm surprised that no one was hurt. The storm left as quickly as it came.
Over all it was a good weekend of diving.

When you dive Haigh this time of year, plan your dive! It is almost 80 degree water on the shallow side, but still in the mid 50's when you get to under 35 feet. Plan what you wear to match the temperature, and don't mix your dives!

When you dive Haigh this time of year, plan your dive! It is almost 80 degree water on the shallow side, but still in the mid 50's when you get to under 35 feet. Plan what you wear to match the temperature, and don't mix your dives!

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom