Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDreamer

Reaction score
ScubaDreamer Here!!

the bathcap is a good idea! Never even thought of that. But my instructor used a neoprene baseball cap but not so long of a bill. I reallly wan one but cant find one anywhere. Anyone know of anything like that?
Hang loose, Stay cool, live
ScubaDreamer

Dreamer...I have a neoprene cap from Squid Wear that sounds like you description. I hate hoods and this little cap does the trick! Most of the dive shops around here carry them.

http://www.squidwear.com/

Dee

I find the Squid cap falls off pretty easily. I use a similar idea, called a tropicweight cap, made by Henderson. It looks a little like a World War I flying ace cap, but it has a chin strap so it stays on better than the Squid Cap.

...Barb

A beanie hood works too.

And now that I think of it, it too looks like a W.W.I. flying ace cap. Just hope I don't meet the Red Barron 45-feet underwater!

I just love to come here and lurk, kinda like walkin through the lingerie dept at Dillard's.

ID

If you're gonna "lurk" ID....... Don't you have a reply to the subjects on the board?.....(whispers)Did you like what you found? LOL
Ldreamin:p

I have very thick long annoying hair that is always up.

When I am diving I find it hard cause i get bits of hair coming loose. Also, with my hair up I either have to tie it low and have more bits of hair in my eyes, or tie it higher and have my mask strap above and my mask is constantly falling off, or under my tie and my mask falls down or leaks at the top - i cant win!!!!

Any solutions for my problem???

A neo.mask never works for me...i dont know why, I just dont feel comfortable at all and I get really frustrated and it ruins my dive.

Your mentioning all these different places that sell these caps...does anyone know of them in the UK?

Oh...and Don.....when did you get the sex change??! God I missed alot in my absense.

I have long thick hair and it was a pain the first time I went diving. Got caught on various parts of my mask; ugh. Found something that works wonderfully for me though. Part your hair in the middle and french braid each side tightly. And use a neoprene strap cover. Works like a charm!

Serendipity,

I have tried that one too. But I also have a condition on my scalp of Dermotitus and psorisis (terrible spelling - sorry!) If I have my hair up too tight, my scalp become irritated and I feel like i constantly need to tear my head to pieces till it starts bleeding.
Sometimes, when my scalp is bad enough, tying my hair up tightly will put out parts of my scalp wheres its got too soft! I dont think i was designed to be a diver!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom