Halcyon ACB weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NineGill

Reaction score
Does using a Halcyon Active Control Ballast System prevent you from also having a MC Sytem Zipper pocket? It looks like there would not be room for both on the harness.

Dave Laws:
Does using a Halcyon Active Control Ballast System prevent you from also having a MC Sytem Zipper pocket? It looks like there would not be room for both on the harness.

If it is, it won't work unless you have a really large waist. The ACB takes the first 6-7" of the belt (butting against the plate.) To add anything in front or behind that to the belt (anything wider than, say, a canister or a small knife) really won't work.

---
ken

Thanks for the quick reply Ken.

Yes, it's the one on the belt. I saw somewhere that you could use the zipper pocket to tuck your long hose under when you're diving without a canister light. I don't suppose the ACB is big enough to tuck the long hose under, is it?

Dave Laws:
Thanks for the quick reply Ken.

Yes, it's the one on the belt. I saw somewhere that you could use the zipper pocket to tuck your long hose under when you're diving without a canister light. I don't suppose the ACB is big enough to tuck the long hose under, is it?

I dived the first year or so I had my plate with just the ACB. I just tucked the hose into the waist band. I think. Or else i just routed it under the ACB... I can't remember. Either way it worked fine.

---
Ken

Ken's right...just tuck it in your waist belt on your right side and you'll have a little loop of long hose pointing towards your feet. Then to adjust the length of the long hose all you will need to do is play with the length of that little loop...make the loop bigger and the long hose shortens up and tightens to your chest...not long enough to allow easy turning of your head to your left...just pull some out from the little loop.

You won't need the zipper pocket and no, you can't catch the long hose under the ACB like you can with a light cannister.

Come to think of it...you probably won't need the ACBs either. Mine are in a box in the scuba closet... with the Air2 alternate inflators! :D

Stephen Ash:
Ken's right...just tuck it in your waist belt on your right side and you'll have a little loop of long hose pointing towards your feet. Then to adjust the length of the long hose all you will need to do is play with the length of that little loop...make the loop bigger and the long hose shortens up and tightens to your chest...not long enough to allow easy turning of your head to your left...just pull some out from the little loop.

You won't need the zipper pocket and no, you can't catch the long hose under the ACB like you can with a light cannister.

Come to think of it...you probably won't need the ACBs either. Mine are in a box in the scuba closet... with the Air2 alternate inflators! :D

I'm building a second rig...

k

Mo2vation:
I'm building a second rig...

k

Hmm...I think they are the ACB 12. I bought them back in '01 so the model numbers may have changed. They were the smallest offered at the time and they hold about six pounds each...(2) 3 pounders.

Here's a pic that I took this morning...

How do you mount your cannister, Ken?

Oh...after digging thru the bottom of my closet I found my alternate air inflators. They are Oceanic Air XS and not ScubaPro Air2 models.

Stephen Ash:
Hmm...I think they are the ACB 12. I bought them back in '01 so the model numbers may have changed. They were the smallest offered at the time and they hold about six pounds each...(2) 3 pounders.

Here's a pic that I took this morning...

How do you mount your cannister, Ken?

Oh...after digging thru the bottom of my closet I found my alternate air inflators. They are Oceanic Air XS and not ScubaPro Air2 models.

ACB12 didn't come out until the end of 03, I believe... maybe 04. That's the old logo, so its likely the 20.

I use the Bungeeroo to hold on my canister.

---
Ken

There's no way I could get 10 pounds in a pocket. One 5 squeezes in...two 3 pounders fit pretty nice.

Stephen Ash:
There's no way I could get 10 pounds in a pocket. One 5 squeezes in...two 3 pounders fit pretty nice.

All of the versions of the 12 I've seen don't employ the grommet fastening system - they yse a tri glide. Maybe you have version 001a.

I mean, its no Beenie Baby, but some Halcyon collector may send you big bux!!

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom