Question Halcyon aluminium versus carbon BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a new CF backplate with the cinch system and integrated STA if you are interested in one. I bought it and never dove it. It seems too short for me.
Thanks but I am just trying to understand whether this wing has built in cinch system or not.

Thanks but I am just trying to understand whether this wing has built in cinch system or not.
The photo you posted is of the CF with the cinch; notice it is flared out at the bottom of the plate. Here are a couple of photos of the old CF plate without the cinch and without the built in STA. I also added a photo of a cinch plate. The easiest way to determine if it is a cinch is to look for the two spacers and the rounded areas where the harness can slide. See attached photo.

Halcyon CF plate - F.jpeg
Halcyon CF plate - back.jpeg
867_0.JPG

I checked again and the CF plate in my image doesn’t have rounded spaces like in cinch. Looks like Pro backplate has it, I attached image

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpeg
    IMG_3113.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
I checked again and the CF plate in my image doesn’t have rounded spaces like in cinch. Looks like Pro backplate has it, I attached image
The photo is post 33 has two protrusions above where the harness weaves through are spacers to keep the tanks from interfering with where the harness slides for adjustment. Also, take a look at your photo and you will see long protrusions between the two bottom slots for the harness. On a traditional setup, triglides would be placed there in order to "lock" the harness in place. The cinch does away with the triglides and has those protrusions to help the harness slide for adjustment.

The previous photos you have posted have been front views. However, they show the flared out bottom indicating they are cinch plates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom