Halcyon Eclipse 30lb vs 40lb wing picture?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PSUSciDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this topic has been brought up multiple time... but I can't find a visual reference to compare. If anyone owns both a 30 and 40lb Eclipse wing, can you post a side by side picture of them with our without the plate?

-Tanks :wink:

I can't insert a pic but it may help you find your visual reference if you search for an "Evolve" wing - And then pick the 40lb one. For whatever reason the 30lb Halcyon donut wing is an Eclipse, and the 40lb and 60lb donut wings are different names, they are the Evolves

donut
I know this topic has been brought up multiple time... but I can't find a visual reference to compare. If anyone owns both a 30 and 40lb Eclipse wing, can you post a side by side picture of them with our without the plate?

-Tanks :wink:

@PSUSciDiver, I went hunting this information before I picked up a second hand infinity set with the 30# eclipse wing. I ran across somewhere in the SB history that the 40# was a few cms wider and a cm or so taller from memory. I've spent last 15 mins hunting for the reference but I can't find it anymore, I'm sure someone else will have it, photo would be best but I've never seen a side by side photo! I'll keep an eye out, if I find it I'll let you know.

halcyon-dive-catalogue-2010-16-638.jpg

For whatever reason the 30lb Halcyon donut wing is an Eclipse, and the 40lb and 60lb donut wings are different names, they are the Evolves\

The reason is the Eclipses are single tank wings, the Evolves are for double tanks.

Last edited:
Why was the Evolve 30 discontinued?

Thanks guys! Divad that's what I was looking for.:) I picked up a used kit online with a 40lb wing wishing it was a 30. But I can see that there's not a drastic difference.

Anyone in south Florida wana trade? Lol

Last edited:
40 is fine...you're using it with doubles, right?

Last edited:
Divad, I have the 40 and want to trade for a 30. Is that what you meant?

In a way. I also mean't, "I have the 40 and want to trade for the 30." I edited it before your post. For a moment, I was giddy with anticipation, but now realize that the 40 is just fine and more versatile.

Back
Top Bottom