Halcyon Eclipse Tank Rolling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your kind info.... If it turns out be nothing better, I plan to contact Halcyon at first to get the replacement. I had better check out the hardware store, too.

I will post the picture tomorrow.

SeanQ:
To save you the trouble searching in the hardware store, the bolts are called carriage bolts. I use 5/16th inch. The measurement is for the bolt diameter, not the square. I suggest measuring the hole first then comparing the measurement to the bolts at the store. Can you tell these are words of experience? :wink:

Here are the pictures of both bolts.

As you see, the upper bolt is well seated on the STA, but the lower one shows the gap.
I am not sure if it is a bolt or a hole on STA?

Do you think this gap will cause wiggling in the tank?

Please let me have your insights.

Thanks in advance,

Could it be that your webbing is just loose?

Dude just file the square part on the bolt till it fits. Its only a bolt. Or you could move to hex heads and forget the damn square fittings all together. If you use a bolt/washer/sta/wing/plate/washer/lock/knob configuration, your sta wont get marred and you can crank that **** as tight as you want.

My nuts dont slip and I dont use lock washers.

lol
-Matt

Hoosier,

I think it's the gap. For some reason, your bolt isn't seating properly. Mine, when cranked down on the wingnut, are all the way in.

A little filing on the bolt might be an easy solution. Or swap the bolts, and see if the problem moves or not. If it does, the bolt is the problem, otherwise it's the plate. Then you know where to file.

hoosier:
Here are the pictures of both bolts.

As you see, the upper bolt is well seated on the STA, but the lower one shows the gap.
I am not sure if it is a bolt or a hole on STA?

Do you think this gap will cause wiggling in the tank?

Please let me have your insights.

Thanks in advance,

Yes, the gap will cause the wiggling of the tank, i encounter the same problem. But once i tighten the gap, my problem solved.

Good Luck :10:

Kltyip, thanks for verifying this. Like wijbrandus mentioned, a little filing or replacing bolt will solve the issue, but I sent email to Halcyon about this matter. Let's see how they reply. It is so funny to see this kind of matter because they put the green inspection stickers all over the items. LOL~~~

Hoosier,

Have you tried swapping the carriage bolts to see if the problem is the bolt or the plate? I'd suspect that will make a difference in how Halcyon responds.

Also, can you get the bolt to seat properly when the STA is not attached to the plate? Just checking for fit?

Yes, I tried swapping. I think it is a plate... It is annoying....

In addition, I also completely detatch the STA from the plate and checked that it still doesn't seat properly.

At least, Halcyon should know what the matter it is for the future users.

I will let you know if I get any words from them.

Wijbrandus:
Hoosier,

Have you tried swapping the carriage bolts to see if the problem is the bolt or the plate? I'd suspect that will make a difference in how Halcyon responds.

Also, can you get the bolt to seat properly when the STA is not attached to the plate? Just checking for fit?

Back
Top Bottom