Halcyon gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thrillissues

Registered
Reaction score
Live in leesburg Florida- Staioned in Serbia for a
I was wondering how many of you use halcyon gear. I want to get some gear and practice with it before I enter the cave zone. My soon to be brother in-law is an engineer and works in quality control for Halcyon. He has been singing their praises since I asked about their gear, but I would like to get some more opinions. Also Jarrod Jablonski has offered to do my training, should I jump on this offer?

I have some Halcyon gear. It's good quality gear, the only exception to that would be my primary 10 Watt HID light, which doesn't always turn on but I solved that by sticking a folded business card on the bottom of the light cannister. Other than that I haven't had any problems with my wing, harness, or gator wraps.

Jarrod is widely regarding as a patience, experienced and knowledgable instructor. I'd love to take a course from him.

Hmm...

Spider Sense is Tingling...

Hey, if your future brother-in-law works there, you can probably get a discount off their retail price. Go for it.

I have a Halcyon Eclipse, but it's not been all roses.

Took it on a real dive for the first time this last weekend, and found the LP inflater leaks. Major bummer, but I did practice my manual inflation skills.

Other than that, I love it.

Wijbrandus:
I have a Halcyon Eclipse, but it's not been all roses.

Took it on a real dive for the first time this last weekend, and found the LP inflater leaks. Major bummer, but I did practice my manual inflation skills.

Other than that, I love it.

Yea, thats because a batch of the new style inflators did not get proper lubrication, my LDS informed me and took care of it for me. Check with your LDS, its a simple process to rectify and I'm sure they have heard of it.

BTW...I love my Halcyon! Go for it!

Got the call from my LDS today. The wing is ready for pickup.

It was the inflator. There was also some manufacturing defects in the corrugated hose and the clamp. LDS replaced those parts.

Dang, now I have to "test" it out! :wink:

Scubaroo:
You mean the new super SS inflator... was basically defective? :D

Mine was. It wasn't defective in terms of machining quality per se, but in terms of the o-ring inside the valve. The internal parts weren't lubricated right, so after I'd used it a few times in the pool, and then went on my dive, the o-ring tore and the inflator leaked.

Supposed to be all fixed now. I'll find out when I can next get free to dive. Picking it up today.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom