Closed Halcyon H-75P 1st stage and AURA 2nd (old style)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaatBoBoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!
On behalf of a friend, I am looking for:
1st stage Halcyon H-75P and 2nd stage Halcyon AURA. Both 'old' style, not the new versions. He prefers new products, if possible :)

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 68
  • H75P HALCYON 13110202.png
    H75P HALCYON 13110202.png
    370.2 KB · Views: 59
Coz they are prettier, 2nd stage anyway.

You'll not likely find that model anymore, H pulled all old versions pretty sharply. The only changes to both were mostly cosmetic, I do believe they changed the main diaphragm in the 2nd stage and they did a stunning job uglying up the second stages, they also added some bling, chrome, to the 1st stages. You can buy chrome 1st stage here:

I've not seen any old stock for years, someone here might be sitting on NOS though, but given the premium pricing I'd doubt it. Good luck.

You could buy new version 2nd and get old style face plate for it, it'll fit, not sure it's worth the trouble unless they have a specific kink for the big H.

Google is likely to be your best friend here.

You could buy new version 2nd and get old style face plate for it, it'll fit, not sure it's worth the trouble unless they have a specific kink for the big H.

Google is likely to be your best friend her
Unfortunately, in Europe, finding spare parts for regulators is very very difficult... And I used to work for 2 years inside a scuba diving shop.

I have a kink for the big H but... This time I am evaluating a SP MK25 G260 black tech :D

One of us here on SB could help you.

I dive the G260, love it, very nice reg. Not a piston fan, I use Apeks 1sts. I digress, the black tech scratches up and IMO not worth the premium over standard. I actually put black R195 face plates on my G260s, cheap and lighter.

2A5D6015-DFCB-4DDA-985E-76383D2DFDFC.jpeg
0E495E75-E908-4658-8B73-0AB284C58172.png

Google is likely to be your best friend here.
If there was a source of those, I be on a couple of them like stink on sh ..., er, sauerkraut.

Open to suggestions.

OMMOHY

One of us here on SB could help you.

I dive the G260, love it, very nice reg. Not a piston fan, I use Apeks 1sts. I digress, the black tech scratches up and IMO not worth the premium over standard. I actually put black R195 face plates on my G260s, cheap and lighter.

View attachment 715127View attachment 715128
We must have very similar taste in regs!
I currently have Apeks XTX50 DST with 5th port on my twinset and Halcyon H-75P Halo (old style 😍) on deco stage.

I love how my Apeks reg breaths but I don't like the fact the HP seat is made out of brass and is not changeable.
For this extra safety I was looking at other regs...
The only one with changeable HP seat in Apeks brand is XTX200 FSR but I happen to not like its design and house routing.

So, on my 'decide which and then buy' list I have:
1) MK25 G260
2) MK19 G260
3) H-75P Halo (new version)

I have to say that your mod to the G260 is really nice! In fact, I wasn't so sure about its silver details! And I was worried about the black tech DLC treatment to come loose or scratch easily.
Aesthetically speaking, the old Halo from Halcyon and the Apeks XTX50 are beautiful second stages in my opinion! The G260 is beautiful too but could be better with darker details!

You could buy new version 2nd and get old style face plate for it, it'll fit.
I still have to understand 100% all the changes they did between the old and the current version.

The second stage is exactly the same, except for the front cover. Am I right?

The first stage is different from the previous one and is different from a MK25 too.
Look at the holes.
On MK25 they're circular.
On H-75P they're oval.

Just a question: do you know if SP service kits can be used with no problems on Halcyon regs?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom