Halcyon Helios 18w Mounting Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbrandon

Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a easy way to mount the canister to your waist belt? it seems like a pain in the ass to have to unthread the d-ring and buckle every time you want to mount/dismount the canister. I want to keep it on my hip but I want a easier way to get it on and off. Any ideas out there?

Which side do you have the canister light on? If it is configured on the right side, there should be no D-rings or buckle on that side. You should have both those on the left side with nothing but belt on the right. This will let you thread the light and use a spare buckle to hold it in place.

Kind of like this
http://www.divetekadventures.com/Pictures/hdiagram2.gif

That picture is exactly how I have mine, except I have a d-ring on the right hip as well. I dont know why they dont set them all up this way. They already have one on each shoulder strap, and one on the left hip, why not one on the right hip? Also, what size/kind of bold snap do you use to attach to the light handle and do you clip it off on the right shoulder d-ring?

gbrandon once bubbled...
They already have one on each shoulder strap, and one on the left hip, why not one on the right hip?
Assuming you're talking hogarthian/DIR, the left hip D-ring is for SPG and slung bottles. There is no use/need for a right hip D-ring.

gbrandon once bubbled...
That picture is exactly how I have mine, except I have a d-ring on the right hip as well. I dont know why they dont set them all up this way. They already have one on each shoulder strap, and one on the left hip, why not one on the right hip? Also, what size/kind of bold snap do you use to attach to the light handle and do you clip it off on the right shoulder d-ring?

get rid of the right hip D-ring, you dont need it.
you use a stainless steel boltsnap attached to the light handle and you clip it to the right shoulder D-ring. use a size you can comfortably clip and unclip with your gloves.

Okay, I see the picture, but Im wondering... why not put the snapbolt on the handle itself and attach it to your d-ring? It seems like the weight of the head pulling on the cord where the bolt snap is attached would be hard on the cord/socket assembly. Does anyone do it the way I am suggesting?

I use a bolt snap attached to the handle for keeping the light head attached to the right d-ring.

I also use one on the cord by the gland nut for hands free night diving while ascending so i can read my computer. With the bolt snap attached to the cord it points straight down while in a horizontal position. I do not use this one for carrying the light around attached to my d-ring. I use the bolt snap attached to my handle for all other purposes so i dont place any strain on the cord like you have mentioned.

lal7176:
I use a bolt snap attached to the handle for keeping the light head attached to the right d-ring.

I also use one on the cord by the gland nut for hands free night diving while ascending so i can read my computer. With the bolt snap attached to the cord it points straight down while in a horizontal position. I do not use this one for carrying the light around attached to my d-ring. I use the bolt snap attached to my handle for all other purposes so i dont place any strain on the cord like you have mentioned.

Fine call me thick but I'm not getting what this bolt snap is used for. What does it hook to for hands free usage?

Right shoulder D-ring. You can use this bolt snap when you need to park the light and not blind your buddies. Typically used when manipulating stage bottles.

d33ps1x:
Fine call me thick but I'm not getting what this bolt snap is used for. What does it hook to for hands free usage?

Back
Top Bottom