Halcyon old logo??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
guys,
Does anybody know if this is an old halcyon logo or a euro model?
never seen it.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKikE11Rqq)eWBNd9t9u3Dg~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqEOKikE11Rqq)eWBNd9t9u3Dg~~_3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 274
  • $(KGrHqMOKnQE1Rl+hilnBNd9tuu5tw~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKnQE1Rl+hilnBNd9tuu5tw~~_3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 284
yep I'm betting the unit is probably late 1990's or early 2000. Looks like a Pioneer 27.

Thanks Laura,
It was originaly advertised as explorer single tank 40. I did figure this was an old Halcyon logo.
So old that i didn't find any online...:)
Won it on ebay for about $400 which i think is a fare price for this system. Waiting for the packate to arrive. i do hope its in a good shape... since the item can be classified as "vintage"

I'll be doing some warm water diving in Dominican Republic in april... :), so this system will come handy.

THANK you all for the information.

Halcyon Rocks :)!

The Pioneer wings are 'one-piece' unlike the later Eclipse etc wings, which have a seperate bladder and bag. As such, they're more prone to punctures, so mind how you pack it when you're travelling

Dam... really? didn't realize back in the day there was no "inner tube"
Were those things generally solid after a few y ears of extensive diving?
I'm guessing not, since the mainstream bladder manufacturing went with fabric + inner bladder design.

I've got an ol' Pioneer wing. I think I got it in 2004. Its still in real good shape, you just have to take care of them.

I've got an ol' Pioneer wing. I think I got it in 2004. Its still in real good shape, you just have to take care of them.

Indeed. Mines an '05 and still works fine. Easy to patch up with Aquaseal also if you do spring a leak.

One thing to check with a dual-layer wing (inner/outer bladder) is whether or not the inner bladder is accessible for repair if you do get a hole in it.

terrifies the hell out of me to dive in wet suit with a "vintage" wing.
Fortunately it will all be <100ft in warm and clear water of the carebean....
but i do have to say, GUE Fundies did me some good, so i should be able to manage a failure. And who knows, maybe my buddy (or in GUE teams "my team") will even be around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom