Halcyon Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlee4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im looking to get a hold of an Explorer, Evolve, Infinity, or Eclipse. Just a full bc setup, and would like to get a hold of an STA as well if not included. Im trying to take the plunge and buy some decent gear for myself that will last a long time. Just let me know what you have. Thanks

There are a few on eBay right now. Also, you listed a wide range of wings. Are you planning on diving doubles and singles and a bunch of different tank sizes?

Yeah your right, i am really looking to get a singles setup but have done a little cavern diving and would like to get my cave cert at some point so im trying to leave my options open, and just probe what people are willing to sell out there. and yeah im watching those on ebay right now

im curious as to why it has to be halcyon. i own halcyon as well as others and i can tell you i am quite comfortable with other brands as well. 4 years ago it was a stiff venture to think you could come close to them (H) but now so many manufactures are making terrific equipment that you can find very capable gear for almost half the cost ...
just a thought...

and for further reference... oxycheq, hog, dss, some OMS, some diverite, a few hollis, hammerhead plates and sta's, ist's new bp/w is VERY close in may ways (to an eclipse) ... just to name a few

ive been checkin out some of your suggestions and been considering a dss rig and was wondering what you thought about them in particular and the reason that i am going for a halcyon setup is because i was diving in down in the high springs area and i used one of their rigs and it left a really sweet taste so i wanted go with something that worked and i liked.

Tobin makes himself available quite often and goes the extra mile to ensure proper fit. Like I said, I own halcyon rigs (doubles and singles) and I have little negative to say about DSS. (nothing really). See if you can demo other rigs. Since you already dove the H rig, it will be hard to top. Actions speak louder than words and no matter what anyone else says, it will be touch to have true comparisons without demos. The only real issue with Halcyon is the $. If you are "well off" than go grab one. If not, I would VERY seriously consider the Dolphin Tech (by IST) bp/w as it is a mimic of the Halcyon Eclipse. (for $350 less ...or better).

I use a full Halcyon rig for singles and doubles, great gear that really holds up. Sounds like your looking for a used set up?

I have a mint condition Halcyon SS plate rig, Eclipe 30 w/STA and STA weight for $485.00 shipped in the CONTUS...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom