Halcyon Tank bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dl348

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I need to buy a set of tank bands for my LP 85s. How do the Halcyon bands compare to Highland in terms of fit, finish and overall quality. I checked a few places, they're approximately the same price. Thanks.

I have both and both work fine. The label is nice and they are well made, but I would not pay much more for Highland bands.

I am extremely happy with my Highland bands. If you're going to pay for a name, might as well be with the best bands. If you were getting a backplate/harness then, yeah, go Halcyon...

Feel free to call xs scuba before your purchase and confirm you have the right size, parts, etc. They'll be glad to help you and are good with customer support.

If your cylinders are Worthington which are 7.25 the Highlands will work but if they are Fabers which are 7.00 you will need something else. XS Scuba bought the 7.25 and 8.00 inventory so Joe might still have some 7.00 in his stock. Also I know that at one time Halcyon Bands used 1/4" bolts not sure if that is still the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom