Halcyon Weighted Single Tank Adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cetra3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anyone has used a weighted single tank adaptor and has had an issue with the screw coming loose from the lead?

Halcyon are refusing to replace under warranty, alleging I tightened the wingnut too much. I've done about 60 or so dives on it, and I've never over-tightened the wingnut. My suspicion is a design flaw, as it's very soft lead:

20190624_183753.jpg
20190630_115300.jpg

Interesting. I had the exact same problem earlier this year. The bolt was very loose. They replaced it under warranty even though I’d bought it in 2016.

Same issue after ~30 dives on mine. My LDS sent it in for warranty about 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard back yet.

One of the bolts on mine was slightly off-perpendicular from the start, which may have contributed to the issue. Both became loose though.

Wow that is crazy. I don’t see how over tightening could lead to that. You might want to post this in the halcyon section.

a few blows with a small ball peen hammer and that baby is good as new!

I did not have this issue but mine is only 6 months old. I have about 50 dives on it.

Mine are probably 10-15 years old already. No issues. Lead it is soft to begin with, there is no harder lead. And I don't think over tightening is the cause for this. If I have to guess, it looks like something hit the bolt from the top relatively hard, or the STA is drop and the bolt hit the ground first.

I have a 7 year old one that I've never had an issue with doing that.

I would approach halcyon again. If they refuse, I would straighten the bolts then use a high strength epoxy and good masking tape to re-encapsulate it

I've been diving mine for about a year now and so far no problems like that.

Back
Top Bottom