Haldanean questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been studying the Encycl. of Rec. Diving for the PADI DM tests. I have been given some examples of the physics questions. I also think I understand Haldane's work (compartments, half lifes, allowable N loading, etc.) but am curious as to what sort of mathematical questions may be asked, as the book gives no examples....Or are the questions just about whether you understand the ideas, as they all lead to simply why we have the tables, which I do backwards and forwards.

You need to get the Diving Knowledge Workbook. That will have questions for you to do similar to what is in the exam. It's one of the students' required materials for the DM course.

Thanks Jason. I just got the workbook. I didn't find any mathematical questions in the physiology section, so I guess there are none, which is what my instructor said.

Actually the information you are looking for above (compartments, half-lifes, etc) are in Section Five "The Recreational Dive Planner".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom