Half price diving on Spectre ($50!) Fri July 30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

If you live in LA and diving Spectre on Fri July 30 -- or if you want to -- this might suit you! I'm offering $50 for a ride from downtown LA to the boat. That means your diving is half price on that day. Another $50 for a ride back to LA on SATURDAY afternoon.

I'm from Australia so never driven on the RHS, and I'm not keen to learn in LA's legendary traffic! Besides my work schedule won't allow time to hire a car, given the 8am departure. Going up Thursday night (staying on the boat) is fine.

PM if you're interested or if you know someone who is.

Cheers
R

Hi There,
I'm not going, but if no one answers, you may want to consider the train. It goes to Ventura. Good luck!

It's a damn shame that I'm not in California any more. I'd give you a ride for free.

Hi There,
I'm not going, but if no one answers, you may want to consider the train. It goes to Ventura. Good luck!

Thanks! I was aware there was a train but I heard some bad things about LA's public tansport in general. No offence whatsoever to LA folks of course -- I can only go by what I hear! My fallback plan was to get to LAX and get the Ventura-Airport shuttle. I really like the idea of taking public tansport if its practical.

(Ironically, public transport in Sydney is so abysmal it will be the downfall of the current state government at the next election. And here's me coming across as critical of someone else's city, oh the irony ;-))

Cheers
R

I can't offer a ride but I can tell you that conditions are looking to be superb for your trip on the Spectre. I'm leaving soon for a 3 day trip to Santa Cruz Island so I've been watching the swell forecasts. Almost non-existent Northern swell is dwindling throughout the week, as long as the wind stays down and there are no plankton blooms, you should expect great vis. Check it out:
Spectral.jpg

Spectral2.jpg

Forget the train. Nice idea but won't work out. Driving sucks for sure; especially if your not used to it, but once you get on the 101 north its a straight drive to Seaward off ramp and then only about 8 minutes more to the boat. Make a left off the freeway and turn left again onto Seaward. Go down to Spinnaker and make a right. Take it down and around the corner (about a mile) to the parking lot on the right. The parking lot is just past the last of the restaurants. Walk down to the marina and turn right. The boat is all lit up and at the end of a slip. I think its 2 slips after you turn right.

Its less stress if you can find someone to go with you. enjoy. Its a great boat and the tri tip & BBQ chicken is great.

I'm planning to go out on The Spectre this Friday (7/30) but will be coming down from San Luis Obispo. Conditions vary greatly here in California, but it sounds like we might get lucky this Friday.

The Spectre almost always goes to Anacapa Island, which I prefer over Santa Cruz Island. They also usually always hit one of the preserves where there's healthy kelp and lots of life. :cool2:

See you Friday!

I wish I would have seen this earlier I probably could have done this, oh well. Did you get a ride if not did you make it out there?

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom